You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: NA tour rumor

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah, 5 weeks ago this rumor seemed unlikely but somewhat possible.  But now it's certainly not true.  Maybe this was a plan at one point, but it's certainly not happening now or anytime soon.  Richard is on tour with Thin Lizzy until the end of July.  You think if there was any chance of anything happening with GNR from now until then he would've held off on taking that gig.  I wouldn't expect anything until late summer/early fall at the earliest in preparation for Rock in Rio.

Not that I believe any rumors involving GnR, but in theory, they could easily do a tour without Richard.  It's not like he really matters.

true but the funnier thing is that people seem to still think that Gnr tours get delayed by Thin Lizzy tours or Soul Asylum tours or the other side projects that literally couldn't fill a bar at this point. For all the shit Axl gets and deserves, he still can throw out a MUCH bigger paycheck than these guys are ever going to see. Lizzy and Asylum can't headline Rock in Rio or Leeds or do anything on the scale of Axl's Orchestra over the last year and a half. The people who leave the orchestra are either fully stocked with work (like Josh, Finck or even Billy Howerdel), or they are just border line insane like Bucket....great talent and artist but not a very astute business guy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If GN'R and Rihanna were touring the states at the same time, he'd be a fucking moron to pick GN'R.

Sky Dog wrote:

Rihanna wouldn't pay a guitarist jack shit....guitars are pretty important in the Orchestra. 19

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
madagas wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah, 5 weeks ago this rumor seemed unlikely but somewhat possible.  But now it's certainly not true.  Maybe this was a plan at one point, but it's certainly not happening now or anytime soon.  Richard is on tour with Thin Lizzy until the end of July.  You think if there was any chance of anything happening with GNR from now until then he would've held off on taking that gig.  I wouldn't expect anything until late summer/early fall at the earliest in preparation for Rock in Rio.

Not that I believe any rumors involving GnR, but in theory, they could easily do a tour without Richard.  It's not like he really matters.

true but the funnier thing is that people seem to still think that Gnr tours get delayed by Thin Lizzy tours or Soul Asylum tours or the other side projects that literally couldn't fill a bar at this point. For all the shit Axl gets and deserves, he still can throw out a MUCH bigger paycheck than these guys are ever going to see. Lizzy and Asylum can't headline Rock in Rio or Leeds or do anything on the scale of Axl's Orchestra over the last year and a half. The people who leave the orchestra are either fully stocked with work (like Josh, Finck or even Billy Howerdel), or they are just border line insane like Bucket....great talent and artist but not a very astute business guy.

Or they get tired of Axls bullshit. They tour with any of those other bands and their set will be finished by the time Axl takes the stage. 

And judging from what MSL said, the guys are not getting a very big paycheck from Axl.

Sky Dog wrote:

It must really suck traveling to every cool city in the world....eating the finest food, staying at the finest hotels, all the pussy you want, headlining the biggest festivals in the world....sounds pretty bad to me. I think Tommy should continue on playing in front of 200 people getting paid a six pack of beer a night in some dive bar in Wisconsin. Very weak argument Dave.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

nice one dave^^^^^^ lol

believing msl i mean

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah, I didn't mean to insinuate that they couldn't tour without Richard.  Obviously they could.  I just meant that IF anything was on the horizon in the foreseeable future, that Richard probably wouldn't have taken the Thin Lizzy gig.  To me that says, he doesn't expect anything substantial to be going on with GNR through July at the very least.

BeastieBomber
 Rep: 0 

Sorry guys I guess I didn't look too hard at the dates sad the amount of cash I would throw down for a front row ticket pretty much anywhere west of the mississippi is really sad...but then again Ive never seen any incarnation of GNR live.

I want to believe!

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
madagas wrote:

It must really suck traveling to every cool city in the world....eating the finest food, staying at the finest hotels, all the pussy you want, headlining the biggest festivals in the world....sounds pretty bad to me. I think Tommy should continue on playing in front of 200 people getting paid a six pack of beer a night in some dive bar in Wisconsin. Very weak argument Dave.

now now, dont be digging on Wisconsin. we have some of the best bars in the world. and probably the most bars per city in the world. I swear, our town of 900 has about, 5 bars.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

It must really suck traveling to every cool city in the world....eating the finest food, staying at the finest hotels, all the pussy you want, headlining the biggest festivals in the world....sounds pretty bad to me.

Sounds like a fuckin' drag.

Board footer