You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

jamester wrote:

Bumblefoot
bumblefoot-abnormal-500px_normal.jpg
For those interested in music business & law... http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/28/busin … minem.html

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
faldor wrote:

I just checked it out on mygnr and it does exist.  There are scans of the article, pictures and all.  But it's in French, so I don't know exactly what it says.  It looks pretty legit to me.  I don't think a magazine/or person would go through that much trouble for an April Fools joke.  Who knows though.  If it is legit it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

There's another thread on mygnr about a "rumor" for a follow up to CD, which seems painfully fake to me.  But this one seems real.

http://www.lesoreilles.com/articles/GP2 … ew_GNR.pdf

well the interview offers nothing new. ron talks about the recording sessions of chinese democracy and mentions the existence of unreleased tracks he worked on that could end up on one of the future releases if axl chooses so.

in the richard interview, the interviewer tells richard that ron told him about numerous songs for the next album and asks him when it will be out. richard says that those songs exist and that he doesn`t know when it`ll be out, but he hopes it`ll be out very soon. 

DJ just says that he`s eager to work on new music.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
WARose wrote:
faldor wrote:

I just checked it out on mygnr and it does exist.  There are scans of the article, pictures and all.  But it's in French, so I don't know exactly what it says.  It looks pretty legit to me.  I don't think a magazine/or person would go through that much trouble for an April Fools joke.  Who knows though.  If it is legit it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

There's another thread on mygnr about a "rumor" for a follow up to CD, which seems painfully fake to me.  But this one seems real.

http://www.lesoreilles.com/articles/GP2 … ew_GNR.pdf

well the interview offers nothing new. ron talks about the recording sessions of chinese democracy and mentions the existence of unreleased tracks he worked on that could end up on one of the future releases if axl chooses so.

in the richard interview, the interviewer tells richard that ron told him about numerous songs for the next album and asks him when it will be out. richard says that those songs exist and that he doesn`t know when it`ll be out, but he hopes it`ll be out very soon. 

DJ just says that he`s eager to work on new music.

Ah, thanks.  The OP at mygnr made it seem a lot more exciting and promising.  But your rendition sounds much more likely and believable, unfortunately.

jamester

jamester wrote:

^^ im still workin on that interview in spare time. im having to type it out to translate and every other word has 2 or alt codes. it is a real interview. Gus G is on the cover of the mag!

Bumblefoot

Will be hangin' with @eddietrunk tonight on Boneyard - Sirius/XM radio www.siriusxm.com/boneyard (6 - 10pm EST)

faldor

faldor wrote:
jamester wrote:

^^ im still workin on that interview in spare time. im having to type it out to translate and every other word has 2 or alt codes. it is a real interview. Gus G is on the cover of the mag!

Bumblefoot

Will be hangin' with @eddietrunk tonight on Boneyard - Sirius/XM radio www.siriusxm.com/boneyard (6 - 10pm EST)

I'm taping the show right now (hopefully), but I won't be able to listen to it tonight, as I'll be watching my UConn Huskies playing the National Championship game.  I'll try and give a listen tomorrow and report back if he says anything interesting.  But I doubt he will.

jamester

jamester wrote:

Bumblefoot
R.I.P. Scott Columbus, drummer of Manowar http://www.manowar.com/news_body.php?idnews=521
20 minutes ago

jamester

jamester wrote:

Tommy Stinson
Gonna announce some new shows tomorrow...
5 minutes ago

jamester

jamester wrote:

Bumblefoot
Gary Garver radio show will replay tonight at 2am EST / 11am PST on 96.1FM KTHO (Lake Tahoe) Listen online at www.kthoradio.com/radio.html

Sky Dog wrote:

Tommy Stinson:

This will be a very interesting year indeed. Hold on to your hats!!!

randy rockwood:

@tommy_stinson new gnr album?

Tommy Stinson:

@randy_rockwood wouldn't that be something??? Ya never know. Crossin my fingers

about 15 hours ago via TweetDeck

faldor

faldor wrote:

Translation, a GNR album could come out as early as this summer.  OR as late as 10 years from now.  OR never.

I think it's clear an album is "ready", or at least could be made ready for release very soon, if not immediately.  The problem is the same as it was with CD though, getting it released.  It certainly wasn't easy the first time around.  I can't imagine it'll be THAT tough this time, but then again I wouldn't expect it to be easy.

Board footer