You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: MyGNR closing for business

tejastech08 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I wonder if the gnr camp is the anonoymous donor agreeing to meet the monthly costs of the site. They sure as hell have been intent on controlling the flow of information and their propoganda in the past. This presents an ideal opportunity for them to do it surupticiously.

It would be hilarious if that happens. MYGNR will turn into a ghost town just like HTGTH. But less activity means less data, which will keep costs down for GN'R I guess. 14

ppp

ppp wrote:

I personally don't believe the whole "Donor" storyline.

I think what happened was that Eric got pissed off and decided to shut the forum on impulse. Then he needed an excuse when he realized what he had done. It's like a 13-year-old girl who gets mad at her friends and threatens to delete her Facebook. Except that Eric is a grown ass man of course.

I bet we never here of this "Donor" again, except for Eric telling us he/she is now footing the bills (which no one can prove of course).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

This was pointed out on MyGNR.

Eric said in his original "closing" statement, that it was about more than just the money, that the lack of support, even animosity, from the GN'R camp played a role.

But, now, an anonymous donor offers to cover the costs, and suddenly Eric wants to continue for the foreseeable future.

Doesn't that imply that it was in fact ALL about the financial concerns if the moment the financial concerns are relieved, Eric decides he wants to continue with the forum?

Ali

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

This post was funny:

"Continue to do a shite job, Eric. Thanks for nothing."

Yeah, the whole thing was a big fuck up. The mods don't know what's going on. That UKsub's seems to have gotten a raw deal and it all comes down to some dude with hurt feelings that GNR and Axl have been ignoring him. My gut tells me that making this desperate, dramatic move (keeping the forum open after saying it was done) was just to see if he'd get some attention from the band. My guess is that the band is behind keeping it open.

And reading that forum, the admin of gunsnfnroses is a tool.

This is pretty much what I think happened too.  He didn't get the Jarmo style perks that he wanted and he had to deal with that wasteland of a message board.  So he pulls this ploy and gets the attention (and money) that he wanted.

It's really a shame though that message boards are meant to stimulate discussions and not stifle them.  If GNR owns another board, that means there are less places to objectively discuss the band. 

Oh well, Thank god for this site.:mosh:

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
ppp wrote:

I think what happened was that Eric got pissed off and decided to shut the forum on impulse. Then he needed an excuse when he realized what he had done. It's like a 13-year-old girl who gets mad at her friends and threatens to delete her Facebook. Except that Eric is a grown ass man of course.

I bet we never here of this "Donor" again, except for Eric telling us he/she is now footing the bills (which no one can prove of course).

I think you're totally right.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Ali wrote:

This was pointed out on MyGNR.

Eric said in his original "closing" statement, that it was about more than just the money, that the lack of support, even animosity, from the GN'R camp played a role.

But, now, an anonymous donor offers to cover the costs, and suddenly Eric wants to continue for the foreseeable future.

Doesn't that imply that it was in fact ALL about the financial concerns if the moment the financial concerns are relieved, Eric decides he wants to continue with the forum?

Ali

Yes.

And I would not be suprised if the Gnr camp is the one footing the bill now because there is no way they wanted free speech at that site, its too big.

If Eric was not going to just close it and not sell to UK Subs then I bet he never would have gotten that doner but since UK was going to buy it and unban everyone that Eric, the nazi mods and beta banned, axl think it wold make him look bad. So they bought it and are going to keep eric in control, just watch how censored place will be now.
IT willl be htgth lite

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:
ppp wrote:

You could be right, if it's not GNR that are picking up the tab then the whole Donor thing is probably BS.

Eric had a gutful of the GNR shit, the costs etc as per his original post.  Threw his toys out of the cot and said I'm shutting the forum.  He might have done this as a ploy to try and get GNR to put their hand in their pocket that's why the lights never went out on the forum.  They stayed on and on and on.

Then either GNR stupidly fell for his ploy or they called his bluff and so Eric decides not to pull the plug but rather makes up the anonomyous donor story.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I REALLY do not believe GNR gave Eric any money or ever will. If they do, well color me shocked. But I highly doubt they had any involvement in this.

What's the benefit for them in keeping the board alive after Eric just publicly told them off? What's the benefit in keeping him around? Or running things the same way they had been run?

I can't think of any celebrity that would pay money for a fansite's message board, let alone one where people have been attacking them for years. If Axl was willing to support a site with money, he'd have done this for HTGTH a long time ago. Or he'd have his own board on his own site. I really don't think he has as much interest in controlling a board as people think.

Board footer