You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I think they will be back up and running in a week or two, but for me its too little too late, I'm done with Sony, I'll stick with Xbox and good auld Nintendo from now on.. Their response to this and their customers has been appalling.

The funny thing you get these hardcore fans who say, no its the hackers, Sony had nothing to do with it...as if that excuses the shocking lack of security on THEIR system.  roll

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been hearing that alot Irish. ALOT of people are jumping ship to Microsoft and are absoluetly done with Sony. Will they rebound? Eventually, but Sony lost ALOT of customers forever.

They're now claiming that Credit Card info was encrypted, and whoever has it cannot access it, and the biggest thing to worry about is the personal info they now have like names, addresses, passwords.

I've also saw other sources that has said this whole thing is gonna cost Sony $24 billion. Ouch.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

aparently other sony accounts have been compromised as well hmm

anyway the wife and I are finished the main game for Dragonage: Origins - 95 hours or something....onto the DLC should give us another 30-35 hours or so...hell of a deal for $50

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Does anyone around here have a PS3 that they actively use online?

I'm kind of concerned at the lack of response at that post.

EVERYONE had their security and personal info compromised. Not only is every person that ever used the PSN personal lives at risk, but the PSN is down indefinitely, and it opens up Sony to MILLIONS of lawsuits.

It's kind of a big deal.

Just thought i'd throw that out there.

I am burying my head in the sand and hoping nothing comes from this.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

aparently other sony accounts have been compromised as well hmm

anyway the wife and I are finished the main game for Dragonage: Origins - 95 hours or something....onto the DLC should give us another 30-35 hours or so...hell of a deal for $50

They're saying the other accounts that were compromised (25 million or so), were compromised a couple days before the other hack and they are just now noticing it.

Apparently it was all related to accounts OUTSIDE North America, and were dated files back in 2007 that had personal info, credit card numbers, but not the 3-digit card number on the back.

Should not affect Region 1-PS3 gamers, but it's certaintly bad news for Europe & Asia.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

PlayStation Network Breach Worsens: Hackers Post Private Data on Sony website
by Holly Matheson / Technorati.com

Sony-PlayStation-Network-and-Website-Hacked.jpg?t=20110508145533

Hackers responded to Sony's handling of the recent PlayStation Network breach by following through on threats to hack the Sony website. Sony began removing more than 2,500 names and addresses that were posted to the website on May 8.

In turn, it appears as though the re-launch of PlayStation Network will be postponed as the gaming giant struggles to recover on week 3 of the outage.

More than 70 million PlayStation Network accounts have been rendered useless in recent weeks after what has proven to be the largest hack in the history of the internet. The security breach occurred just before Easter weekend and, despite various reassurances that the PSN will be restored, is still leaving gamers everywhere unable to play online.

But wait, there's more...

The inability to take advantage of preferred PS3 games (Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty: Black Ops) is not the only reason that PlayStation Network users are growing angry with Sony. The company's slow response to inquiries and release updates has only succeeded in further angering its users by failing to keep them adequately informed. In any case, the hack of Sony websites and release of private information leaves the company in hot water (as if they weren't already) and taking heat from both sides as it struggles to recover.

What Sony chooses to do next could ultimately determine the future of PlayStation gaming. Not only must the company recover from the attack, but it must also place precaution in customer service in the future. While it is certainly understandable that CEO Howard Stringer and the remaining Sony team are under intense pressure to restore services, it is also true that the company would not be what it is today without its dedicated users. And according to a 2011 report, a poor customer service experience can have major disadvantages:

A dissatisfied consumer will tell between 9 and 15 people about their experience. About 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people.

Source: White House Office of Consumer Affairs, Washington, DC

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yikes

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer