You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed on all fronts.

The gaming market was Sony's to lose, not MS's to win.

Somehow Sony found a way to slit both of their own wrists.

To this day PS3 is the better system, but 360 & Wii beat it's ass into the ground, because Sony went for the wrong demo and promoted it all wrong. Gaming purists might love PS3, but the bottom line is casual gamers are the biggest demo and the biggest money. Nintendo knew it and owned it, and eventually Microsoft followed. Sony almost sat in their ways and refused to adapt.

They might have a free Network, but trust me as a PS3 owner, nothing is more fuckin' frustrating in the world then when you have a LIMITED AMOUNT OF FUCKING TIME, and have to download a FORCED FIRMWARE UPDATE to not only play a game, but to even access the network. It might be 20 minutes for a "That 70's Show" on Netflix while you eat lunch, but you gotta fuckin' wait for the firmware update.

That shit is incredibly frustrating, and really sours the network/gaming experience.

You can dust off a two year old game, and can't play it until you do all the firmware updates - absolute bullshit.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha 14

i played the demo for ps3 that was a cool ass game totally forgot about it ... is it available for xbox too??

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

PlayStation Network Down Again: Users Report Outages The Same Day Sony Restores PSN Service
by The Huffington Post

After a massive global outage, Sony began restoring service to the PlayStation Network on Sunday. However, some are reporting that the PSN is already down again.

Users have taken to Twitter to complain about the alleged outage, which apparently occurred only hours after Sony began bringing the network back up.

"Playstation Network is Back down looks like the servers have crashed," tweets @Lee240788

"Playstation Network was back up for about 10 minutes before going down again for maintenance. Nice work Sony!" tweets @Tomagefrais.

The Twitter feed for Sony's EU blog offered the following words to users: "Please bear with us as we continue working on #PSN restoration. We are experiencing extremely heavy traffic."

Sony representatives were not immediately available for comment, but Steve Reynolds, Sony's PSN Store operations manager, tweeted a bit of insight for his followers.

"All - I know PSN is down for maintenance," tweeted Reynolds. "You're all too eager smile Bare with it."

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

haha 14

i played the demo for ps3 that was a cool ass game totally forgot about it ... is it available for xbox too??

Yeah, it's out for 360. I snagged it off Amazon the other day for $35. It may be traded in as early as tomorrow if it continues to make my brain hurt 16

I hope you stuck with it.   Portal 2 may have been one of the greatest puzzle games I've ever played.   

Anyone check out LA Noire?   I picked it up today at lunch.   I"ll give my thoughts later.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I'm hoping to get L.A Noire at some point, looks good. Currently working my way through Fallout New Vegas. Great so far although not much different from Fallout 3, I just wish they'd iron out the little glitches.

PS Network seems to getting back on it's feet. as part of the welcome back pack you can download any 2 of a selection of games for free, as long as you do it within 30 days and if you have downloaded them after the 30 days are up you can no longer play the games. Nice.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought critics were going to cream all over L.A. Noire, but i've been kind of shocked that alot are saying "it's not GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption, but it's good".

From the video review I saw it looks like a cross between Heavy Rain & True Crime, more than GTA.

Board footer