You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I would honestly say, an ok game with awesome facial animation ( not awesome graphics but very good). Worth a rent but maybe not a purchase, I traded mine in after I completed it as it has zero replay value. I did enjoy it but it did get repetitive.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I haven't played LA Noire yet, but i've talked to several people about it, and I have to third that just on their opinions.

Almost identical. Most rented it, and finished it, and by the time they got their resolution, they were done with it and never wanted to see it again, and that was that.

Overall they said that it's replayability wasn't even comparable to stuff like GTA, Red Dead, or even Max Payne. Once you're done - you're done.

Or that was what I was unanimously told.

AtariLegend wrote:

Playing through "Dragon Age 2" about 20 something hours in. Gameplay is improved/flashier than the original, but there's alot less depth and most of it is pretty much redoing basic find and deliver quests in the same areas over and over again.

Going to start on "Red Dead Redemption" after this, which I heard good things about.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

spent a bit today playing more GTA IV...fuck it takes me forever to beat these games 14 i jsut finisshed the Missions for Ray (Diamond Deals)

so now i get to do some missions for the Gay dude that used to be in the Army with Nico and also i am supposed to be doing missions for the strung out brother of Packie

I'm at about 53% complete according to the stats

also the wife and kids got me a copy of LA Noirefor fathers day so i'm gonna try to get a bit of gaming in before the finale of Game of Thrones starts

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Some of the new weapons in Ballad of Gay Tony are friggin' awesome, as is some of the new vehicles.

That concept should've been expanded to a full game. There was a story there.

But hopefully the next GTA will get out of Liberty City again. Hawaii might be a cool locale they haven't tried yet.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I always assumed they'd go to London at some point, as they've revisited all the cities from the 2D games in 3D except London.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I've just always thought they'd keep it in America. They did London years ago, and had a chance during the pre-production on GTAIV to go back to London.

For whatever reason, these sandbox games in non-American cities have seemingly just not fired them up to go forward.

I always figured the next GTA they'd either go tropical-flashy either by taking it to the Hawaiian islands (which would be perfect for a map), or possibly take it back to Vice City and do Miami in the present day, and just add in the swamps and small islands outside of the city.

I doubt they go back and do another 'Gotham' city type thing. But i've always thought a GTA in Chicago or Detroit would be cool.

Personally I think if they take it outside of America, i've only ever expected them to go to Canada, maybe Toronto or Vancouver.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

The latest rumours on that, are that it will be London. Can't please everyone, although I was hoping for Toronto or Belfast 19.

Finished "Dragon Age 2" on both endings. It's not a bad game, it's good by average standards, but overall it's closer to Assains Creed 2 in depth than Dragon Age: Origins (which was fairly good) which is a big dev. mistake in my view sad.

Better graphics, better initial gameplay, but less of everything the original had... including story, abillities, spells and options.

Board footer