You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Anna
 Rep: 8 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Anna wrote:

@James - What did you like about it? It was just bloody and gory. I don't know I just didn't find it scary at all felt like I was watching an rated-R Goosebumps film.

I'll watch Trust even though I'm kind of disappointed it didn't have a "shocking ending" like the reviewer claimed roll

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I like slashers. Always have. That specific genre of horror has sucked for years. That film stood out a bit over the others. Its not an amazing film by any means, but the average slasher fan should enjoy it. Just a nice popcorn flick.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I just got through watching "Hostel".  Pretty f'ed up movie.  I taped "Hostel II" as well but haven't gotten around to that yet.  I imagine it's more of the same though.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Romeo is Bleeding.  Pretty interesting film.  First half is a bit slow but it picks up during the last hour or so.  Gary Oldman gives a great performance, it's a bit more restrained than his role in Leon.  Lena Olin is absolutely nuts in this film.  It's a thriller although I thought it could have been seen as a drama or love story too.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

13 Assassins.

Holy shit, this is one of the best samurai flicks I've seen, not to mention one of the goriest. I will go out on a limb here and say I thought it was better than Seven Samurai. Theres a fight scene in the movie that is over 40mins long without pause, and some of the best sword fighting I have  seen in a movie in some time. Sure it has its  implausible moments, but what samurai movie doesn't.

If you are a fan of of the genre at all, then you must see this movie.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Big Wednesday

Re-watched one of my favorite movies from my childhood. I'm telling you, anybody that ever doubted the kind of talent Jan-Michael Vincent was, this movie puts them to shame. It's the little things he doesn't say that just makes his performance in it perfect. William Katt & Gary Busey also turn in great performances too.

Such a tragedy the epic alcoholic Vincent became.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the tourist

fucking terrible

Anna
 Rep: 8 

Anna wrote:

"Confession" (Japanese film)

this movie was so wicked, it had me going from the beginning to end! watched the entire film here - 

http://www.dramastyle.com/movie/Confess … ese-Movie/

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the tourist

fucking terrible

I agree. I actually thought about driving an hour one-way to see that when it was originally released, and I got caught up and busy, and just wasn't to make it before it was pulled.

I later rented it on Netflix, and was SO GLAD I didn't make the trip.

That was a fucking horrible film. I expect Angelina Jolie in garbage like that, but that was a huge turd for a guy like Johnny Depp who's a great actor in usually decent at least films.

Made 21 Jump Street look like Citizen Kane.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Final Destination 4

And Mr. Lofton was right... it suuuuuccckkkkkks.

It's WAY, WAY too campy. They play the same reverse-events gimmick twice, and the whole movie is just a big eye-roll. It's really a shame New Line turned the whole franchise to into a big marketing gimmick, considering the first one was brilliant (imho), and the second was a decent retread-sequel. The rest have been utter rubbish.

And frankly, it's because of the campiness. Makes Freddy vs. Jason look like the fuckin' original Dawn of the Dead.

Board footer