You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Neemo wrote:

went to see potter...was ok

watched butch cassidy and the sundance kid the other night...not how i remember it but still damn good...my god young robert redford looks like brad pitt

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Robert Redford still looks absolutely amazing at 71.

I just watched "The Strangers"

Terrible film. Terrible. No real scares, no atmosphere, no plot, no reason, doesn't follow human psychopathy, doesn't follow the guideline of evil... just a fucking fuck up of a film.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Horrible Bosses - Really enjoyed it, best comedy I've seen since The Hangover, and imo it runs Hangover pretty close as well.

Jennifer Aniston looks amazing in it as well which helps.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Never got the fascination with Aniston. One note, not attractive. jmho

Anna
 Rep: 8 

Anna wrote:

Friends with Benefits - @ first I thought it was going to be corny but it was actually funny! I was laughing so hard... 14

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

watched ET witht he kids last night..its been a while since i've seen it

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Watched the advance screening of Change Up tonight, starring Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman and it was another one of those old switcheroo story lines, but it was actually quite funny.

I'd recommend seeing it for a few laughs!

AtariLegend wrote:

Seraphim Falls - I enjoyed it, one of the better Civil War Era films I've seen and an interesting ending for a film.

Up - I don't think it was a masterpiece in retrospect like some reviews I went back and read said, but I think the 20 minutes at the start are fantastic, the rest of it's good for a modern Disney film.

Naked Lunch - Can't believe I never got around to watching it before, weird fantasy film. The typewritter sex scene is one of the most hysterical things I've watched in film that isn't supposed to be a comedy.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

White Material

A 2009 French film with Isabelle Huppert and Christopher Lambert. It's basically about a French plantation owner in Africa, who sort of ignores that Rebels are trying to overthrow the government and the country is devolving into chaos, and she continues to work kind of delusionally. Drama and alot of interesting stuff ensues.

It was good. Nice watch. And like I said, it's French, so that means French language with English subtitles. So if you're not into that, the whole movie is like that, if you don't care - it's worth a watch.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

A Nightmare On Elm Street 2010

Finally got around to the Nightmare remake. It wasn't 'as bad' as I was expecting, but it wasn't that good either.

Right out of the gate, you know you're getting a scene-for-scene remake of the original. So the film is totally predicatable from that point. Kris (Katie Cassidy) is immediately shown as the 'trick' character that you're gonna follow and she's gonna die, and it's gonna be really shocking (NOT).

The whole film just lacks motivation. Why do we care about these characters? It's never established.

The film is well-written, but horribly directed and casted. The cast needs re-arrangement. The show starts off with Katie Cassidy & Thomas Dekker in the female/male leads, who are quite likeable, well-acted, and the two have good chemistry together.

Hidden Text:

They are then killed off in the first act

and the film is taken over by the new Nancy (Rooney Mara) and her new boyfriend. The girl who plays Nancy is an absolutely HORRENDOUS actress, who isn't near as entertaining, likeable or cute as Heather Langenkamp. Mara's Nancy probably has less lines in the film than Freddy Krueger, and her absurdly poor amateur acting gets worse as the film goes on.

Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy Krueger is decent. He doesn't have near the conviction, swagger, or menacing quality that Robert Englund's does. But in Haley's defense, his Krueger is still serviceable, and it's hard to replace Englund who's legendary in the role.

Another major problem was the reversal of the original concept to

Hidden Text:

make Freddy innocent

. Had that angle been played up, it would've given even more substance to the film. But they didn't have the guts to run with it.

The film would've been better had Katie Cassidy played Nancy, and Thomas Dekker play the boyfriend. Although Cassidy looks quite older than a high schooler, she had more charisma and "film lead" quality than Mara.

The film is just very very average, boring frankly, and not as good as Friday The 13th 2009 (which says something, considering F13-09 was average itself).

Of the Platinum Dunes/New Line remakes - it's the weakest. F13-09, and the TCM films were all better.

Board footer