You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Olorin wrote:

I think thats just part of the opening score, and was never intended to be played live. Buckethead might have played that part in the studio or it could even be made up with keyboards and software, I dont think it would have the same vibe if it was played live. I hate that bass drum that was added to the intro on the album version, its like they were panicking in the studio before the release and stuck on some extra shit to try sex it up.

I know what you mean though, Iron Maidens new album has a mean intro, I thought it would sound amazing live, but was disapointed when I seen them that they just played a recording with a weird video before the curtain came down and they kicked into the first song.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i felt the same way about the bass drum at first. i've come to the conclusion that after so many years hearing the song without it, both live and in the demo, that this is why it feels that way at first.

regardless of why one might not like it on the cd, consider that the anticipation factor is already met before the song starts with recorded shit and then continues into the song with the voices and such. the intro needs more imo to cut into the crowd noise and build a higher climax for what could be an awesome opener.

keep in mind a lot of people there still won't know the song. you want to showcase your new material with balls. imagine how much better bucket's riff and the drums will sound live and loud than they do in the studio.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I think its a good intro and does all those things you said, its just that the actual songs falls a bit flat. Its a good song, much prefer the earlier versions though. The new version has been tinkered around with to give it a more explosive feel so it can be the opener to the album/shows, but at its heart it is still the same song from 2001 that had a great groove and beat but wasnt intended to smack you round the head to get your attention.
The album version of that song just tries too darn hard to be something its not imo.

I've burned a disc recently with a different tracklist order. I start it with Riad, I think it sounds ballsy as fuck as an opener.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Doesn't look much different from last year's tour. Looks like Monster Energy (who's drinks suck) are the sponsor. I know DJ is practically a regular sponsor. I think Duff is big with them too.

Olorin wrote:

I think thats just part of the opening score, and was never intended to be played live. Buckethead might have played that part in the studio or it could even be made up with keyboards and software, I dont think it would have the same vibe if it was played live. I hate that bass drum that was added to the intro on the album version, its like they were panicking in the studio before the release and stuck on some extra shit to try sex it up.

I know what you mean though, Iron Maidens new album has a mean intro, I thought it would sound amazing live, but was disapointed when I seen them that they just played a recording with a weird video before the curtain came down and they kicked into the first song.

For some reason, I always thought Robin recorded the riffs in the intro of CD. The synth stuff I assure you was handled by Chris.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Looks like Monster Energy (who's drinks suck) are the sponsor. I know DJ is practically a regular sponsor. I think Duff is big with them too.

they are the only energy drinks i like hmm

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Do you know of a particular kind that tastes worth a damn AND gives you energy man?

'Cause i've tried the regular, and the diet (forget which one of the 6), and it tasted terrible and didn't provide any energy.

I ended up jumping ship to Starbucks Doubleshots

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Do you know of a particular kind that tastes worth a damn AND gives you energy man?

'Cause i've tried the regular, and the diet (forget which one of the 6), and it tasted terrible and didn't provide any energy.

I ended up jumping ship to Starbucks Doubleshots

i dunno...ive had the normal green one and the blue one..hate the blue one, but like the green one

i dont really drink energy drinks all that often though so i'm hardly a connisseur...and it give me a bit of a jolt when i'm feeling run down

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

For some reason, I always thought Robin recorded the riffs in the intro of CD. The synth stuff I assure you was handled by Chris.

You have that correct.

We are not talking about the main riff that Robin played, we are talking about the oriental sounding melody that comes in after the voices and before Robin starts playing his big riff. It does sound kinda like something Bucket would play hmm

Board footer