You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

jamester wrote:
Neemo wrote:

nice!

What? look at the US map  thats a big skip with only one weekend in between for something like Birmingham AL, Atlanta Ga or Memphis Tn.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Don't think the upcoming dates are gonna pop up in geographical order...  smile

Edit: My bad, I misunderstood you post Jamester!
        I see what you're saying!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

I think you take music and Estranged way too serious. It's just a tune. If they wanna play it, I'd be happy to hear how they do it and then judge it. You sort of act like it's blasphemy...a bit like those Islamic cartoons or something 16

What do you mean, sorta like blasphemy?

DJ, or anyone else playing estranged is blasphemy big_smile

The mob will get him, don't worry.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
madagas wrote:

PROMO POSTER SAYS "over 2 hours of all their classic hits".....doesn't sound like a Chinese Democracy tour to me.

Well, there are no indications from the Latin American leg that this is being billed as part of the CD World Tour.  But, saying that the biggest hits will be played is not the same as saying that ONLY the hits will be played - as in no to few CD songs.  22

Ali

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'll be flabbergasted if they dont play any CD songs, I'm fully expecting the same setlist as the last tour.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I'll be flabbergasted if they dont play any CD songs, I'm fully expecting the same setlist as the last tour.

They'll play CD songs. I'll be shocked if they don't open with CD itself.

Hmm..maybe. Not 100% sure

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … r-20110909

Guns N' Roses Launching American Tour in October
Three dates announced so far
main.jpg
Axl Rose performing with Guns N' Roses Paul Warner/WireImage

By Andy Greene
September 9, 2011 4:00 PM ET

American dates are beginning to slowly come in for a Guns N' Roses tour this fall. So far, they are only slated to play Orlando, Miami and Kansas City – but with a two-week gap between two of the dates, expect many more to come. The group has toured extensively overseas in recent years, but they haven't done a proper U.S. tour since 2006. The band – which features Axl Rose as its sole original member – hasn't performed since a show in Dubai last December, but they launch a 10-date tour of South America and Mexico in early October.

After more than a decade of delay, Guns N' Roses released Chinese Democracy in November of 2008. There's been much speculation that another record may one day come from material that didn't make the cut for that LP. "We certainly did record a lot of stuff," says Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson. "We recorded three records worth of material over the course of that 10-year period, but I think that a lot of the unfinished bits were mostly lyrics and mixes and things like that." Might another record be in the works? "I'm not a liberty to talk about that," Stinson says. "I don't get into that aspect. That's Axl's business."

The band is eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. Assuming they get in on their first ballot, the March 2012 ceremony would be an opportunity for the classic lineup to stand together on the same stage for the first time since drummer Steven Adler left in 1990. Rose has long maintained that any sort of reunion with the classic lineup is impossible – but guitarist Izzy Stradlin did play with Axl on a series of dates in 2006. And last year in England, bassist Duff McKagan played on four songs at the 02 Arena in London.

It's clear, however, that Axl is unwilling to perform with Slash ever again. "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed," Axl said in 2009. "The less anyone heard of him or his supporters the better."

Here are the upcoming USA dates for Guns N' Roses.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL - Amway Center
10/29/11 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena
11/12/11 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center

Graham Lea |Less than a minute ago

I just thought I'd get one in here before the same old stuff people write, year after year....They are still a kick *** rock band and are amazing live. If you go and see them on this tour, they will be late, accept that. What you will eventually get is a 3 hour show full of timeless songs and the best Rock Vocalist in the world today. The new music and musicians only enhance the already huge legacy from the old, and sits perfectly well alongside. I'm in the UK, and will be flying to Miami for the show, so if any GnR people are reading this. Please release more music....And.....Passes please! G'n'F'n'R 4Ever.

Board footer