You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm all for calling a spade a spade with this band, but just assuming that they're not booked on weekends because they "can't" is ridiculous.

Weekends are the ideal time for a show.  There's really no denying that.  Anybody worth a damn would target major cities on a weekend to max out attendance.  Do your dumpy little towns during the week, use the weekend for the major shows.  The fact that they aren't doing weekends, and apparently haven't been doing weekends is actually quite telling...unless you don't want to know what it means.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

For fuck sake, are some of you on your period or what? The nitpicking in the last couple of days has took off to farcical levels, I cant even tell if you's are serious anymore...

Isnt that footage the same as this with a couple of shots from Reading and a new animation thrown in?

[youtube]6krLQ-S3KSI&feature=related[/youtube]

Funny I dont remember anyone saying when these promos came out in 2010 that it was all part of some convoluted and diabolical masterplan to fool the public the original members of GN'R had secretly reformed 17

I ain't all wound up about it, it was just something I noticed. Axl is quite clear in the footage shown, the other members are not, aside from that shot of DJ towards the end.

It's called observation mate.

As for the video above, there are plenty of CLEAR shots of the band. If they kept it like that I wouldn't have said anything.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm all for calling a spade a spade with this band, but just assuming that they're not booked on weekends because they "can't" is ridiculous.

Weekends are the ideal time for a show.  There's really no denying that.  Anybody worth a damn would target major cities on a weekend to max out attendance.  Do your dumpy little towns during the week, use the weekend for the major shows.  The fact that they aren't doing weekends, and apparently haven't been doing weekends is actually quite telling...unless you don't want to know what it means.

They are scheduled to play plenty of weekend dates coming up.  Just because the 2 dates you might have been interested in going to don't fall on a weekend, doesn't mean they can't get weekend dates booked anywhere.  They're not out to get you Buzz, I swear.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm waiting any day now for Buzz to start a post with... "did any of you read the latest Rolling Stone?"

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

For fuck sake, are some of you on your period or what? The nitpicking in the last couple of days has took off to farcical levels, I cant even tell if you's are serious anymore...

Isnt that footage the same as this with a couple of shots from Reading and a new animation thrown in?

Funny I dont remember anyone saying when these promos came out in 2010 that it was all part of some convoluted and diabolical masterplan to fool the public the original members of GN'R had secretly reformed 17

I ain't all wound up about it, it was just something I noticed. Axl is quite clear in the footage shown, the other members are not, aside from that shot of DJ towards the end.

As for the video above, there are plenty of CLEAR shots of the band. If they kept it like that I wouldn't have said anything.

Hey no sweat, was nursing a hangover, logged in here and my headache got 10 times worse... just venting 5

What is it with the internet that its so easy to focus on the negative - its not just here, its everywhere. On facebook folk I know who are really quite cheerfull, all their fuckin updates are complaining about some useless shite or other.

I guess when it comes right down to it, everyone just loves having a right good fucking moan...

Rant over big_smile

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

of course it is ridiculous....the Foo Fighters are playing on November 7th in Atlanta...a MONDAY. I guess they are not good enough for a weekend spot either.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Olorin wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Hey no sweat, was nursing a hangover, logged in here and my headache got 10 times worse... just venting 5

What is it with the internet that its so easy to focus on the negative - its not just here, its everywhere. On facebook folk I know who are really quite cheerfull, all their fuckin updates are complaining about some useless shite or other.

I guess when it comes right down to it, everyone just loves having a right good fucking moan...

Rant over big_smile

All good mate, the internet is just one big garbage can anyways... 14

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
madagas wrote:
russtcb wrote:

of course it is ridiculous....the Foo Fighters are playing on November 7th in Atlanta...a MONDAY. I guess they are not good enough for a weekend spot either.

If anything, a weekend gig would do GN'R a huge favour with Axl's late starts

Sky Dog wrote:

of course...I may not go because it is in the middle of the week and you know it won't start until at least 10:30

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Just out of curiosity...

Don't you guys have x-amount of vacation-days at your disposal during a work-year? Or is that just us in "socialized-Europe"?
smile

If you do, isn't GNR worth a day off?

Board footer