You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

DCK wrote:

Lost out on WAY too many shows for being front row. Absolutely no point.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Lost out on WAY too many shows for being front row. Absolutely no point.

I'm only guessing but I imagine getting front row for GA on the floor at U2 is much harder than Guns based on the amount of people lining up. I've done GA for U2  5 times(Toronto, New York, Seville, Vancouver, Edmonton).  The only one I didn't get front row for was the one in Seville cause I showed up after the doors opened. IF you're willing to put in the time and wait it out front row is absolutely worth it. If you miss out yeah it sucks.... don't miss out though.   I swear if someone wants to show up for Gn'R at 9:00am the day of the show you'll get front row.  It's not hard to get front row if THAT is what you WANT. Just saying.

Although to be fair this is Guns N' Roses so if they take the stage at 11:00 or beyond  that is a long fucking wait. I'd never do it, but to some it might be worth it. I'd bring a  pillow and sleep all day 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm with Bono, I don't know what it is with 'assholes' at GN'R concerts on the floor.

And I mean ONLY. I'm sure Russ will correct me on this, but for some reason the ONLY time I have ever seen 'incidents' on the floor with fuckin' dicks picking fights are at Guns shows.

The thing that's so fuckin' stupid about it is, they do it BEFORE the band ever takes the stage, so everybody gets thrown, then when they do it DURING the show, Axl stops it -- and they get thrown.

It's like what the fuck are you doing dude? You're just ruining your own goddamn day man, and everyone else's.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I can understand both points of view.

The pit can be tough for anyone with an injury or who's had a big day - and sometimes it's nice to relax and enjoy the show from the overview of a safe enviroment of an allocated seating spot.

Then again, I was absolute front frow for Slash at the MTV classic launch and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of the absolute best nights of my entire life.

I've seen a lot of great gigs, including GNR in 93 and the more recent tours, but the shear proximity of that MTV show really made it so magical. So there is something to be said for bonos approach and just waiting it out. If you pull it off you'll have a better night than up the back.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I can understand both points of view.

The pit can be tough for anyone with an injury or who's had a big day - and sometimes it's nice to relax and enjoy the show from the overview of a safe enviroment of an allocated seating spot.

Then again, I was absolute front frow for Slash at the MTV classic launch and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of the absolute best nights of my entire life.

I've seen a lot of great gigs, including GNR in 93 and the more recent tours, but the shear proximity of that MTV show really made it so magical. So there is something to be said for bonos approach and just waiting it out. If you pull it off you'll have a better night than up the back.

Shit happens  when you are in front row. You get to interact with the band members. It's unavoidable because you are the ones they can see. I'll never forget the time Vince Neil(solo show small venue) punched me in the mouth(he got me good and it did kinda hurt)  with his microphone by accident. It was during Shout at th Devil and he got too close when puting the mic out for me to shout into it. He looked at me with a "oh shit sorry dude" look on his face but then I high fived him and all was good. His monitor also kept shifting all night and I kept putting it back into it's proper spot. It's like there was a mutual understanding that, that was my job. He high fived me all night long. That shit doesn't happen for the suckers in 2nd row 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Shit happens, I think a friend of mine high fived Axl Rose too because he's 2 meters tall and just make it happen.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

suckers in 2nd row 16

i like this approach

big deal guns attract a load of dickheads in the crowd

the frontman of the band is the biggest dickhead of us all

obv you can hear the show better from nearer the mixing desk, but there's really only one place to experience a gnr gig & that's in the pit. enjoy it while it last's cause everyone is getting too fucking old.
don't really agree w/this front row/showing up early trip. stay in the bar til about ten then head over & push your way to the front. you'll get there eventually. probably easily enough given how few people'll be there..

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Never been on the floor before.  Any pointers from experienced GA users?

Honestly how many more times in your life do you expect to see Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose?  My honest advice is to show up early, very early, like as early as you possibly can. Shit dude make a day of it if need be. Pack a  lunch birnga  shitty lawn chair that you can toss out and chill out all day.  Then when the doors open skip the merchandise, skip the food and drink and get your ass to the front of the stage. Then when others arrive, act quickly and strike a deal. You'll hold their spot if they hold yours. Then you go take your final piss(even if you don't have to), go and grab a beer or a water and head back. Fuck the merchandise Gn'R will not sell out of it and there will be lots afterwards. There always is. Even at Hammerstein they were still selling shit after the gig.

That's my advice. You never know this might be the last time you see them and it may be the only chance you ever have to be front row and if you're willing to put in the time it's worth it because you will be able to sit down on the floor with your back against the baricade while your'e waiting for them to come on stage. Front row is a million times better than second row because of that alone.

I hear you, and you give a good sales pitch.  The problem is, I'm going with 8 other people, and most of them (me included) love to drink.  I'm not sure I'll be able to sell any of them on heading into the show EARLY, especially with Axl's reputation for always being late.  I just hope it all works out well, as it was my idea to opt for the floor tickets.  God forbid something goes wrong.

I believe the showtime on my ticket (when I get it in the mail) will read 8pm.  I can't imagine heading into the show much before then.  I'm not even sure I'd want to head in earlier than that and wait countless hours.  I just may take my chances starting wherever (probably at the back) and hopefully working my way up.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Neemo, you can add Norman, OK to the list on November 9th.  Courtesy of Spirit over on HTGTH.

LNC-GNR-11-9-460.jpg

Also November 8th in Omaha, NE at the Qwest Center Omaha.  Even though when I click on the show on ticketmaster it says the show no longer exists in their database.  Tickets haven't gone on sale yet, so I imagine it's just a glitch.

Board footer