You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

war wrote:

ill be getting floor tickets.

if you want the main floor but have to drink - sneak in a flask

or....

weed enhances the experience more than booze.

also, if you're torn between the two options:

you can get seats and then enter the main floor when u like. start out the night on the floor by stage and then if/when you lose your spot to use restroom or get beer or whatever...... go to your seats.

bono has an ok suggestion in theory about making a deal to have spots on the main floor saved . i see two problems with that though.

1- you have to be willing to be enough of a jerk in order to get back up to the front after leaving i.e. pushing, bumping, distracting from show.

2-you're asking a stranger to hold spot/s for you that, even if you trust him/her, is unlikely to be able to physically save  floor spot/s for you. the floor is a free-for-all and people will be pushing fwd all night.

it may work at your grandma's U2 show

j/k bono

but it may not work at gnr

if you are both willing and able to push to the front of the main floor at any time you don't ned any one to save your spot.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I believe the showtime on my ticket (when I get it in the mail) will read 8pm.  I can't imagine heading into the show much before then.  I'm not even sure I'd want to head in earlier than that and wait countless hours.  I just may take my chances starting wherever (probably at the back) and hopefully working my way up.

You know what the more I think about it this is probably the best way to go about it. This is Guns N' Roses/Axl afterall and you just don't know what's gonna happen(which sucks) as far as start times go. I've never actually been to a  Gn'R show when the doors open(other than Vnacouver 2002 but those doors NEVER opened) so I couldn't tell ya what the initial lineup is like. In all fairness I base my advice on U2 concert experiences where there is 500 peope already in line by 9:00am and by the time the doors open there's like 3000 people ready to run for their lives to get that front row so....  You might just be able to show up at 8:00pm and push your way to the front.

In my experience though pushing past people is where all the assholes start coming out. There is nothing worse then when some dude thinks the best place to stand is on the laces of your shoes. That's when tempers flare and that is absolutely 100% the main reason all the shit starts on the floor. One guy trying to push to get closer and another guy getting pissed off and away ya go.

Bono

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

bono has an ok suggestion in theory about making a deal to have spots on the main floor saved . i see two problems with that though.

1- you have to be willing to be enough of a jerk in order to get back up to the front after leaving i.e. pushing, bumping, distracting from show.

2-you're asking a stranger to hold spot/s for you that, even if you trust him/her, is unlikely to be able to physically save  floor spot/s for you. the floor is a free-for-all and people will be pushing fwd all night.

it may work at your grandma's U2 show

j/k bono

but it may not work at gnr

if you are both willing and able to push to the front of the main floor at any time you don't ned any one to save your spot.

You dont' save seats during the show. Only at the very begining when you first arrive before anything has started. Most people will understand and there won't be that many people there just yet. No way in hell can you or should you even try to save a spot once the opening band has started. That's just ridiclous and you'd get laughed at for even trying it, even at my grandma's U2 show. In fact trying to push your way to the front at a  U2 show after the show has started would be much harder than at a  Gn'R show as there is no pit and people are more respectful about it. Nobody feels entitled to shove their way past. You leave your spot during a  U2 show kiss it goodbye. the vibe just isn't the same and the opportunity to squish, push, fight your way back at a  U2 show just isn't there.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

My local rock station, 105.5 DHA has a Guns N' Roses tour announcement at 5 PM Monday. Looks like he is hitting Jersey.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I like the fact that Guns are going to Camden.

It's pretty much the closest to Philly they can play in another state. 16

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Ahahaha! I was thinking the same thing. I think Camden is risky regardless, but that's just me. I mean, they did go back to Canada, so why not NJ? I'm kinda pissed I don't live up there anymore, cause I would hit the Camden and CT show. Was East Rutherford announced for sure? Because I saw that as another possible venue for the tour.

Bono

Bono wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

Ahahaha! I was thinking the same thing. I think Camden is risky regardless, but that's just me. I mean, they did go back to Canada, so why not NJ? I'm kinda pissed I don't live up there anymore, cause I would hit the Camden and CT show. Was East Rutherford announced for sure? Because I saw that as another possible venue for the tour.

You make it sound like Canada is in the middle of nowhere and they were crazy to come here. Canada is a much more rock n roll friendly country than the US is the last decade. Easily.  I'm pretty sure Gn'R probably does better in Canada ticket sales wise per show than the US

Though I may have completely missed your actual point and I'm now ranting about nothing 16

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

LOL. No, Bono, I didn't mean it like that. I meant in the sense that there was the whole not showing up thing. I swore they did that in Canada, maybe I'm wrong? Anyway, I rather enjoyed driving out there, except for the whole middle of winter and it was like -5 outside.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You guys complaining about a most pit at a GNR show? Those people are Liberace fans compared to who goes to a Slayer show. Slayer pits are war zones.

Board footer