You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Axlin16 wrote:

'Cause everything's bigger in Texas darlin'

jr-ewing.jpg

Sky Dog wrote:

"Lots of men have tried to run roughshod over me... you can visit them in the cemetery."--JR Ewing

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Looks like I'm not going to be able to swing both shows. Hubby says no dice to GNR two nights in a row. I would have prefered to go to Houston, but I've already bought the tickets to the Dallas show. Oh well. If I was in NJ I would have totally done both shows, but they're not consecutive nights, and Jersey isn't a four hour drive to get to said shows. I keep hoping maybe they'll add one more here in Austin or San Antonio, because thats way closer and I can definitely go. But in the meantime I can be happy that at least I get to (hopefully) see Axl one more time.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:

I'll be at Houston and Dallas if someone wants to grab a beer

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

Looks like I'm not going to be able to swing both shows. Hubby says no dice to GNR two nights in a row. I would have prefered to go to Houston, but I've already bought the tickets to the Dallas show. Oh well. If I was in NJ I would have totally done both shows, but they're not consecutive nights, and Jersey isn't a four hour drive to get to said shows. I keep hoping maybe they'll add one more here in Austin or San Antonio, because thats way closer and I can definitely go. But in the meantime I can be happy that at least I get to (hopefully) see Axl one more time.

I actually wouldn't recommend back-to-back GN'R nights. Takes away from the special-ness of the second show, imho.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

I actually wouldn't recommend back-to-back GN'R nights. Takes away from the special-ness of the second show, imho.

Disagree.  If you're a big fan of a band I always think it's cool coming back the second night. Especially if you have polar opposite seats. Twice I've done back to back to back U2 nights(two different tours). The first time I had nosebleeds for night 1 and then front row on the floor for night 2. The second time I had front row on the floor for night 1 and then nosebleeds  dead center night 2 and I can say with full confidence nothing was taken away from the specialness of the second show wink  That's just me though. I like back to back nights. I've  actually done a triple header with U2 once.  Lower bowl beside the stage, nosebleeds, front row floor. Great triple header if ya ask me 22  Plus very rare to get three nights in a  row from any band.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I found myself "going through the motions" during the second-night of back-to-back shows in 2006.

I just sat most of the show, watched and predicted the setlist.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I found myself "going through the motions" during the second-night of back-to-back shows in 2006.

I just sat most of the show, watched and predicted the setlist.

I could see that point of view. I was lucky enough that U2 changed up the set list by 4-6 songs each time. So....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed, and that's been a huge problem of the CD-era. Predictability.

Had I done that during a 1991 UYI show, that would've never happened.

One night you'd get AFD plus a few UYI tracks, and the next night you'd get UYI II played in full, and they skipping Jungle.

Those were the fuckin' days man, for setlists...

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Had I done that during a 1991 UYI show, that would've never happened.

One night you'd get AFD plus a few UYI tracks, and the next night you'd get UYI II played in full, and they skipping Jungle.

Those were the fuckin' days man, for setlists...

That's Pearl Jam in 2011 14

Board footer