You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

James wrote:

Films I've watched the past 2 weeks:

My Cousin Vinny- I forgot how much ass this movie kicked. Tomei def earned that Oscar. One of Pesci's best performances.

Apollo 18- This had SO much potential. HUGE letdown.

Contagion- TERRIBLE.

James

James wrote:

Wrong Turn 4- Expected this to be shit but wound up enjoying it. Any fan of the series should watch it.

I Spit On Your Grave- MUCH better than the original.

It's Pat- not nearly as funny as I remembered it.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Last flick I watched was the original (and superior) Amityville Horror. Sure, Rod Steiger's full tilt boogie performance goes beyond camp, but James Brolin's slow descent into madness is still an unnerving classic. (Take that, Ryan Reynolds!) Margot Kidder's pretty cute in this one, too. You know, before she went bat shit crazy post-Superman and her career tanked. I mean, she's no Adrienne Barbeau, but there's something so much more respectable about a 70s/80s scream queen versus her more modern contemporaries. Bottom line: it's still scary. Probably scarier than whatever you might be thinking of checking out at the cinemas this Halloween weekend.

Me? I'm forgoing the trials and tribulations of attempting to scare up the Halloween spirit with a mediocre, mainstream shitshow this year. My Gonzo-centric ass is going to see The Rum Diary. Full report ... soon.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Contagion- TERRIBLE.

Seriously? I heard a bunch of people say how good that was.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The Thing (the new prequel that's out), and it was pretty good.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I saw Red State on Netflix.  This movie was way overhyped.  Terrible.

James

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Seriously? I heard a bunch of people say how good that was.

It was like an inferior remake of Outbreak. I was hoping Dustin Hoffman would walk onscreen, save the day, and put an end to it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I had worries it was like that. My first thought when I saw the trailer was, "this is a remake of Outbreak"

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

The Rum Diary

If you are a Depp fan of his quirky/unconventional pre Disney work,  u will love it. I  thought it was great!!!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Super 8.  Not as great as the hype. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the annoying fat kid wasn't in it. I swear I wanted to punch him in the face. Would have been much better if he was a "Chunk" from Goonies.

Board footer