You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNRevolution Exclusive! Classic Rock Feb Mag Cover!

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

unless only a handful of tracks done under Zutaut's watch were at all decent

I'll re-post this, then:

Merck wrote:

Tom Zutaut himself has not been involved for three years and has heard virtually none of the actual record.

From 2005.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

I, for one, dig the heading of that article. 16

Eversince the NYT piece I've been anxiously waiting for Zutaut to spill the beans; I always had a gut feeling he had some good stuff to share.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'll re-post this, then:

Merck wrote:

Tom Zutaut himself has not been involved for three years and has heard virtually none of the actual record.

From 2005.

Its pretty obvious he heard what was going to be the record at the time. I don't care how the GNR spin machine wants to spin it.

Merck denied everything in that NYT article and when he was shown the door, pretty much admitted it was all true. I'll take the word of a neutral observer to the situation before someone who is on the payroll.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

A response...

Yeah, Axl had to finish the vocals, since the music was done long before (according to Tommy, 2004).

so mr Zutaut is blatantly lying then? i mean really... the only thing i can think of then is that CD was rejected again in 2002 as we've hypothesized before...and they went back to square one after the 02 tour fall out...that would be the only way that mysterons comment would make sense

No, I meant the opposite. Since we've head the leaks from the different eras and the live performances it's obvious that not too much happened after BH quit. Adding two synth lines nobody hears doesn't mean a change. We also know that Axl wasn't satisfied with his own vocals and lyrics, and the music was done long before he finished his job. And the most important thing is that I think sic. pointed out: nothing's finished in the GN'R world, even OMG turned out to be unfinished although it was released! Axl changes his mind everyday, therefore the 'actual record' changes day by day - and he is a verylazy guy as it turns out, but once he wants to do something everybody must be ready.

Anyway, I have a feel that Chinese Democracy the album hasn't got rejected, as some of us thought. It's just never got done, and if the company told them to change it, it was based on the actual states of songs. But they've never ever completed an album.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Jameslofton wrote:

Axl isn't king of the world. Only thing he can prevent is his own album from being released. People need to realize that the ONLY influence he has is in his circle of sycophants, and even that influence is debatable because they play as much of a role in what goes on as he does.

Twenty articles could come out like this every month and there's nothing anyone could do about it. If they could prevent articles, they would have killed that NYT article in 05 because it was the first real look behind the curtain and it wasn't pretty.

Quite. Axl wouldn't have any legal grounds for blocking publication of that article; it's not libellous, and Axl's representative (Beta) was given a right to respond to the claims made in the article, so they were well aware of its content.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Hello, mysterious new friend.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I think the article is a bloody good read about PAST GNR doings. We're talking history here, BH era, 2002...that stuff. I've always found that era one of the most interesting GNR eras ever. And it's great how GNR people now frantically back paddle and try to keep as much distant from the article as possible. Zoot's version if probably not right, but I doubt GNR people's story is much more right. It's like this. I've dealt with the same stuff on another forum being admin. The parting singer and the guitarist have completely different views on how it all went down. The truth is somewhere inbetween, but being in the whole deal it's hopeless to see it anything different than "my side is right, fuck the rest". smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Welcome DCK! 5

IMO Zoot versoion is Zoots version nothing more nothing less...like you said everyone has their own story to tell..and ya cant just call someone a liar just cuz...from his recollectin thats what it was like working for GnR in 01-02...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

BTW the editor tells me that its 4-5 week delay to North America...hopefully some of you that have read it still go and buy it hmm

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I'll definately still be buying it, Neemo. Usually, any major mag with Axl or the Guns on the cover gets an immediate spot in my collection. The cover alone is badass.

Board footer