You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

Smoking Guns wrote:

Unknown

Adjustment Bureau

I loved both!!!!

AtariLegend wrote:

Zombie Christ

Without a doubt worst film I've ever attempted to watch even by low budget standard.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The X-Files: Fight The Future is always a bit of a bittersweet moment for the series.

It was a good movie... but it was the jump the shark moment for the series. The show was NEVER... EVER... as good as it was post-movie, than it was pre-show.

Was it awful? No, but it almost came across as a totally different show.

In hind-sight they should've been very artistic and used the theatrical film, which was a decent hit, to be a big epic cinematic series finale, and just end the series there.

Something like Fight The Future, meets "The Truth".

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The X-Files: Fight The Future is always a bit of a bittersweet moment for the series.

It was a good movie... but it was the jump the shark moment for the series. The show was NEVER... EVER... as good as it was post-movie, than it was pre-show.

In hind-sight they should've been very artistic and used the theatrical film, which was a decent hit, to be a big epic cinematic series finale, and just end the series there.

1 Father/2 Sons was 11 episodes after that in Season 6. That's where the original conspiracy arc ends and all the all bad guys from the movie and earlier seasons expect CSM get killed off.

I loved that series, but completely insane the end doesn't happen in the movie. There were various good episodes scatered throughtout the remaining seasons till it got cancelled, but the legacy was certainly damaged.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Warrior.

Wasn't expecting much,..........I was wrong.

Characters are superb, Nick Nolte is fantastic and the story is very well written, also it must be mentioned that the fight scenes are done incredibly well.

One of the best movies this year, I know that ain't saying much, but this is really worth seeing.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

1 Father/2 Sons was 11 episodes after that in Season 6. That's where the original conspiracy arc ends and all the all bad guys from the movie and earlier seasons expect CSM get killed off.

I loved that series, but completely insane the end doesn't happen in the movie. There were various good episodes scatered throughtout the remaining seasons till it got cancelled, but the legacy was certainly damaged.

Wow dude, I totally forgot about that. You're absolutely right. That mid-Season 6 2-parter, was an epic moment for the series. Back when it originally aired, I remembered thinking "this should've been the movie and series finale".

Little did I know the show was gonna continue a decline phase.

I never understood the shit Doggett & Reyes got later on. I'd much rather have them, and the show be dark like it was originally, than David Ducovney trying to turn it into a damn sketch show every damn week.

Those comedy episodes wanted to make me puke.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anybody watch The Thing yet? Wanted to see it in theater but shit happened & it went on the backburner. Downloaded it on pirate & will either watch this tonight or start catching up on American Horror Story. Last EP I watched was the fourth.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No I skpped The Thing prequel. Tbh, everyone I knew and critics alike said it sucked.

The Thing '82 is SACRED in my house. I didn't want that soiled. Other than Halloween, it was John Carpenter's "other masterpiece".

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I saw "Due Date" the other night.  It was pretty funny, but it was pretty darn similar to "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" from the 80's, and that was better.

Also saw "Wrong Turn" starring Eliza Dushku and Sloan from "Entourage".  They are both hot and were nice to look at.  The movie was alright as far as horror/thriller's go, but nothing I'd recommend.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

My best friend is like the biggest Eliza Dushku fan. Thinks she's the hottest thing alive. Talks about her like he personally knows her (probably follows her on Twitter or something).

I recently watched...

"The Lincoln Lawyer"

It was actually surprisingly good. It's gotta be Matthew McCoughnahey's best film and best performance in YEARS, and Ryan Phillipe was surprisingly evil.

Supporting cast is solid too... Marisa Tomei, William H. Macy, Josh Lucas, Frances Fisher, Bryan Cranston...

Board footer