You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: 2011-2012 NHL Season

Neemo wrote:

my fantasy team for this year...i'm stacked at goalies!!! but my defense is suspect

1. (3) Alex Ovechkin(Was - LW)
2. (18) Patrick Kane(Chi - RW)
3. (23) Ryan Miller(Buf - G)
4. (38) Carey Price(Mon - G)
5. (43) Miikka Kiprusoff(Cgy - G)
6. (58) Joe Thornton(SJ - C)
7. (63) Kris Letang(Pit - D)
8. (78) Danny Briere(Phi - C,RW)
9. (83) Dion Phaneuf(Tor - D)
10. (98) Brenden Morrow(Dal - LW)
11. (103) Tobias Enstrom(Wpg - D)
12. (118) Alex Goligoski(Dal - D)
13. (123) Andrew Ladd(Wpg - LW)
14. (138) Shane Doan(Pho - LW,RW)
15. (143) Joni Pitkanen(Car - D)
16. (158) Justin Williams(LA - RW)

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Kaner could be huge if they move him to Center.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Big congratulations to Winnipeg for their first win tonight! I hate Pittsburgh so it's extra-nice. Sabres finally beat the Pens Saturday after a year where Pittsburgh was a perfect 4-0 versus Buffalo - but Enroth in net in place of Miller, he had the best showing versus Pittsburgh last season as well. Sabres look to be as good as advertised, although Luke Adam has been doing what people were talking about Ville Leino doing while Leino centers the team's weakest line so far - and not without good talent, Tyler Ennis and Brad Boyes are decent players and Ennis could score 30 this year I think. It's the best time to be a Sabres fan ever with all Terry Pegula has put into the franchise - the new locker room and facilities are unbelievable, the salary splurge, even if unwise (and given how each offseason breaks records for salaries, I don't think they're unwise - in 3 years those deals will be average for any top-6 or top-4 guys) - it all really makes us feel like that constant burden of being a 'small market' team (whether Sabres or Bills) being lifted. It's kinda liberating in a way.

Glad hockey's back - although the NFL does usually retain my focus (other than the Sabres) until January-February, I love hockey season.

Communist China

No one's talking hockey? Come on, there's a lot to talk about, like:

- I've always hated Sidney Crosby, but even I was happy for him and especially for the sport, during his return performance. Modern pro sports need true superstars and Sid is undeniably one of them.

- In general the Pens look like the best team in the East to me, and are crazy strong down the middle in a league that's lacking for centers. I've also been a Fleury doubter at times but I should've given that opinion up a long time ago.

- I'm not surprised the Caps fired Boudreau, but unless Ovie really had entirely quit on him, I think it was a bad move. Boudreau has been successful and in my opinion deserved one more playoff run with the Caps. I don't think it's up to him to spark the team, it's Ovie who sets the pulse, and he was down. If nobody could get Ovie set straight, that team was going to struggle. I don't see it as Boudreau's fault.

- I don't watch enough Western conference to comment on Carlyle's firing, but  I think the Canes were right to dump Maurice.

- Those Bobby Ryan and Jerome Iginla rumors are going to last until the deadline, aren't they?

- The Sabres' response to Lucic running Miller was a disgrace. Totally unacceptable and the Buffalo fan-base is really getting tired of looking so damn soft. We got the feel like the aggressors for once versus Philly in the playoffs, but Boston bullies us without consequences. The frustration from fans isn't helped by the fact that the Bills are soft too. We haven't had a physical team here in a long time, and when Ted Nolan coached the "hardest working team in hockey" with the Ray-May-Barnaby line was about the most fan-beloved the team has ever been. The blue-collar fanbase and the finesse style of play can mesh most of the time, but we seem like chronic wusses lately. The media is also rejoicing in the non-controversy between Miller and Enroth, which doesn't help. The city has really been overreacting this season to a team that's getting wins and is bitten by the injury bug. Oh, and I was in the crowd for the first Bruins/Sabres game after the Lucic hit, and while we honorably tried to make a statement, we don't have anyone who can intimidate Lucic or Chara and Kaleta was scratched.

What're you guys thinking about the season so far? Think the Leafs can keep it up, Neemo?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno the leafs have really kinda tapered off since reimer was hurt i dont know what the time table is on his return, Kessell and Lupul have really turned into a good combo....lots of chemestry, but yeah the monster turned out to be a bust so far....boston has really poured it on lately though

seemed like detroit was slipping for a while...will be nice when zetterberg and datsyuk start scoring on a regular basis again, but thanksfully the whole divison is on the same wavelength and detroiit remains on top smile

tbh not following it too too much these days my weekends have been nuts and weekdays are a writeoff

i'm doing good in my hockey pools though smile

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

happy to see my wild in first place despite being one of the most injured teams in the nhl and not having a lot of well known players.

xcooltohatex
 Rep: 1 

xcooltohatex wrote:

one of my best buds is a huge penguins fan hes torn up by this news about sid sad he cant stay healthy. go stars

Communist China

Sabres made some noise at the deadline. It's been a strange year for Buffalo, to say the least. Paul Gaustad is NOT worth a 1st round pick, even a late one. He's a frequent underperformer whose lack of speed oftentimes nullifies his physical play. He wins faceoffs, kills penalties, and can sometimes shut down scorers 5-on-5, but he isn't worth such a high pick. Glad the Sabres took that deal.

Then trading Kassian for Hodgson is the question mark. I tend to like it because I think the Sabres absolutely need a new center, and while Kassian also fills a much-needed vacancy of physicality, Hodgson is a known talent with huge upside while Kassian is a prospect with potential. The Sabres can move Roy in the offseason now, which they have to do. This season isn't doing anything, but Darcy managed to find a strong center-of-the-future candidate and a first round pick for just the price of an expiring Gaustad and a 7-points-in-23-games Kassian

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Bryzkalovs a Brysaster.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I laugh my ass off when douchebag Habs fans try to argue the Habs won the Halak for Ellar trade. What a  bunch of fucking idiots. I know more factors play into this but newflash for the idiots who feel the Habs won that trade. Blues = best in the west. Habs = worst in the east since that trade. Haha yeah the Habs won that alright.  Even if Halak isn't the clear cut starter there's no way in hell Montreal won that trade. Man being a Habs fan is embarassing at times. First the team sucks and secondly a huge portion of the fanbase are just fucking losers.

Board footer