You are not logged in. Please register or login.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Re: Live At The Joint - Las Vegas, NV (Dec. 30th, 2011)

madagas wrote:

On a more positive note, Happy pending New Year and let's hope tonight brings an end to the Chinese Democracy Saga.....Chinese Democracy please Rest In Peace.

Born 2001
Died 2011

My thoughts exactly.

Please bury it and move forward.

Please.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Not to be a dick, BUT, why would anyone who has been to a show on this US Tour pay to see a live stream of the SAME show you have already seen in person? There isn't going to be any significant changes ...it's the same thing night after night. Then, you get mad when a half assed live stream doesn't work. You guys must REALLY be hard cores because I just don't care that much.

On a more positive note, Happy pending New Year and let's hope tonight brings an end to the Chinese Democracy Saga.....Chinese Democracy please Rest In Peace.

Born 2001
Died 2011

I'll tell you why someone would pay to see it again.

For the same reason they paid in the first place. Once the stream was finally working, I had someone (who went for the first time to a show in Orlando) come in and just lock in to the performance, and start to relive it. The sounds, the smells, the attitude... everything that made them enjoy it for the first time ever in the first place.

Even seeing DJ again meant a big deal.

I know I felt the same way in 2006, scrambling for clips.

Maddy you have to understand that it tames with time (it happened to me too), but for some people when the experience is still fresh, and they just love the music for what it is (they don't give a flying fuck about the setlist, what got played, band drama), they just love the music.

Reliving on a pro-shot live performance means alot.

My friend nearly flipped the fuck out when Civil War (which was a good performance of it), came on. Even I was like "calm down man", and they just couldn't believe that Civil War was being played. They didn't play it at OUR show.

So the experience is different. It would've been REALLY nice if iClips wouldn't have fucked the whole thing up.

Last I heard is they are basically just ignoring refund requests. I really hope GN'R use a different service next time, because that is BULLSHIT. They basically took our money and ran.

Attn: Gibbo -- the live stream seems to be up now, if you want to rip it

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean. I heard the intro, yes.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh and btw Maddy, that was a pretty dick comment. Really easy to "Saturday Morning Quarterback" all of us in this thread who had a basically FLAWLESS rollout of LA, expecting the same for Vegas, and somehow we're stupid for paying for it anyway.

The fuck?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

for the record, I agree with the latter part of his statement. I have no opinion on maddy's initial comment.

iClips has 28 minutes up. Mine is a bit choppy, but it isn't the same if it isn't live.

Of course, they will ignore requests for refunds. Why take a huge loss on that show?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No I get the reason why. I just think it's pretty damn scumbag to basically NOT DELIVER THE PRODUCT LIVE AS ADVERTISED, then turn around and take the money. They didn't give any of us what we paid for.

As for Maddy, I do agree with his For the love of God PLEASE let CD rest in fucking peace. It's been 10 long ass years, let it go Axl.

Yes I totally agree.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Okay I feel a little better about the money.

I've downloaded/ripped the entire show, so at least I got something to hold on to after that disaster last night.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Oh and btw Maddy, that was a pretty dick comment. Really easy to "Saturday Morning Quarterback" all of us in this thread who had a basically FLAWLESS rollout of LA, expecting the same for Vegas, and somehow we're stupid for paying for it anyway.

The fuck?

I can see where madagas is coming from, but it doesn't surprise me people would pay to see a live show from the comfort of their own home.  It's not like they were charging $50.  Most of us could spare the $5 or whatever price you paid.  I didn't pay because it didn't really fit into my schedule and I didn't think it was worth it if I didn't see it live.  Honestly though, people go nuts on here just getting setlist updates, not sure why it would be a surprise that THIS is something people would pay for.  I think it's an awesome move on their part and hope they do more of it in the future, albeit without the technical issues.

Board footer