You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

BLS-Pride wrote:

I loved The Town.

I just watched "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" I enjoyed it. The only thing that bugged me was they seemed to skip over Ozzy in the 90's. Not too much about his solo career after Randy. No mention of Jake E. Lee or even Zakk for that matter. He is in footage of the last tour with Zakk but other than that nothing. Up until the the death of Randy they highlighted his carer pretty well. But then it stopped and focused way more on his addictions. Which I can understand but I would have liked to hear Ozzy's and those around him in the mid 80's and the 90's tell their Ozzy stories.I did enjoyed the Sabbath portion and the stories from Bill Ward and Geezer. "We took LCD before shpws so we would trip on stage."

I'd say any Ozzy or Sabbath fan will enjoy it. If interested in who Ozzy is than this is the film for you. I'd say good but not as good as the Lemmy doc. But who can top Lemmy anyway.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought The Town was "okay".

To me it was trying too hard to be The Departed, and wasn't as interesting. The first half is WAY dragged out for me, considering there's not enough depth there for that much time to be put on it.

I think it's a fair watch, but it didn't blow me away, especially considering the principles involved.

My favorite aspect was the behind the scenes, on location filming at Fenway Park. That was VERY cool.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

To me it was trying too hard to be The Departed, and wasn't as interesting. The first half is WAY dragged out for me, considering there's not enough depth there for that much time to be put on it.

I think it's a fair watch, but it didn't blow me away, especially considering the principles involved.

My favorite aspect was the behind the scenes, on location filming at Fenway Park. That was VERY cool.

The Town was definitely part The Departed.  I also found bits of Point Break (obviously the bank robbing) and Blow (rooting for the "bad" guy) in it.  I thought it was quite good, and lived up to the hype that I had heard from friends of mine, which is rare.  Maybe I'm just a sucker for Boston based movies though. 16

faldor

faldor wrote:

Just came across an entire gallery of Gina Carano photos and this one caught my eye.

gina-carano-overdose-3.jpg

Here's the entire gallery if anyone cares
http://coedmagazine.com/2012/01/17/gina … -pictures/

Also, I saw "Machete" last night and was unimpressed.  I mean it was okay, and I guess I shouldn't have expected anything more.  But I thought I'd enjoy it more than I did.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

What in the fuck kinda Christmas party was Gina at where she basically has no bottom on...

...and how in the fuck do I get invited?

As for Machete -- Frankly the best performances in "Machete" were from the supporting cast. Don Johnson, Robert DeNiro, Jeff Fahey & Cheech Marin all turned in great performances, with the most interesting characters in the film. Problem is... they were minimally used. I love Danny Trejo, but Machete and Michelle Rodriguez's female version was fucking boring imo.

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

The Town was definitely part The Departed.  I also found bits of Point Break (obviously the bank robbing) and Blow (rooting for the "bad" guy) in it.  I thought it was quite good, and lived up to the hype that I had heard from friends of mine, which is rare.  Maybe I'm just a sucker for Boston based movies though. 16

Yeah I know what you mean. Something about the familiarity. I'll watch pretty much any film or TV series that takes place in Miami. I might not like all of it, but I do have a bias because I know the area. It feels like home watching it.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

After perusing photos of this Gina Carano character... I have decided to make seeing Haywire a top priority. Sold.

And Channing Tatum's just a meathead former male stripper who got lucky. His ability to continue courting roles really floors me.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well I thought the whole point of casting, was casting the people RIGHT for the role.

Tatum getting the kind of roles he's getting is the equivalent of if Michael Mann would've given Arnold Schwarzenegger, Al Pacino's role in "Heat".

faldor

faldor wrote:
Von wrote:

After perusing photos of this Gina Carano character... I have decided to make seeing Haywire a top priority. Sold.

And Channing Tatum's just a meathead former male stripper who got lucky. His ability to continue courting roles really floors me.

Ha ha, nice.  Glad I could help.

I believe Channing Tatum is hosting SNL this week.  We'll see how he does there.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ides of March

Excellent

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I have my son for the entire weekend. He'll be 6 in February so I believe it's time he watched all the Star Wars movies.

We just started The Phantom Menace.

Dude you should've just waited till February 10th and taken him to see it in 3D in the theatre. Actually you know what if I were you I wouldn't let him watch the prequils first. Did you see that youtube video Faldor posted in the Star Wars thread with that kid reacting to Luke finding out Vader is his father. Your son will be robbed of that moment if he watches the prequils first.

Board footer