You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

it was so noticeable on THAT ONE SONG... But the rest just reeks of classic VH, it just doesn't matter...
I'd appreciate a PM from anyone the instant this leaks... wink

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

... And, it'll be interesting to see what kind of songwriting credits Mike gets   on this record.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Same here. I like that Mike is being the bigger person about this situation and not saying anything. Even when he was treated the worst when he was kicked out. I think he is as curious as the fans are what the boys are going to come up with. He's being an adult and I know he still cares about those guys. So far, I'm getting this album in a heartbeat. I agree with you guys, it sounds a true blue sequel to 1984. Putting this album with those two Dave songs from '96 make the best time to rock out!!  These guys are pulling off something amazing!! I'm glad their back, we sure as hell missed them!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

China Town sounds fuckin' awesome. 9

From the sounds of it, sounds like picking right up where they left off. A true sequel to 1984.

And metallex was right. There was a song on there that sounded like Van Hagar with Dave on vocals.

Almost makes you wonder had Dave not left the band, would VH still have recorded the same exact albums they did, but with Dave on vocals. I laugh inside thinking of Dave singing "Dreams" & "Why Can This Be Love". 16

That would of been fucking hilarious! 1416

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

Blabbermouth..

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=168971

Former VAN HALEN bassist Michael Anthony says he's looking forward to hearing the band's new album because it includes material that he recorded with the group before they got signed in the 1970s.

Speaking to the U.K. digital radio station Planet Rock, Anthony said, "They [the current lineup of VAN HALEN] played a show in New York the other week. There was [a] song they played called 'She's The Woman', which is actually a song that was, basically, written before I even joined VAN HALEN."

During the same interview, Anthony said he has no plans to go after his former bandmates for songwriting credit on the reworked compositions on the new VAN HALEN album, "A Different Kind of Truth", despite their former policy of crediting all members equally. "I don't want to do anything," he said. "I just let it be." He added, "And, hey, it'll be nice to hear some of those old songs again that I haven't played in a long time."

Audio clip of Michael Anthony talking to Planet Rock about the new VAN HALEN album:

VAN HALEN lead singer David Lee Roth spoke with the Los Angeles Times about the making of "A Different Kind Of Truth". In a new interview, Roth admitted that the band has gone back into its archives to find previously unreleased material upon which to build the record. He explained, "It's material that Eddie [Van Halen, guitar] and I generated, literally, in 1975, 1976 and 1977. Usually fellas in our weight division will kind of gamely — or ironically, wink, wink — try to hail back to it (but) keep a safe, mature distance from it."

"A Different Kind Of Truth" is due out February 7 and is Roth's first album with the band in 28 years.

On the current condition of Eddie, who has been in and out of rehab over the years, lost a third of his tongue to cancer and had a hip replacement, Roth said, "He's doing really well. He's lucid, he's sober, he's playing. You know, I don't know if Ed has ever felt good. There's a thin line between rage and great work. He really never enjoyed his fame or success, and that might be part of what compels him."

Roth also commented on the band members' turbulent past history, saying, "We accused each other of betrayal and thievery and lies and treachery, and it was all true. We were all guilty. Dig up the past, and it's going to get all over everybody. And, man, do we have a past..."

VAN HALEN will begin a North American tour on February 18 in Louisville, Kentucky.

Mike Anthony= Class

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:

A quick check of 'The Bay shows that Blood & Fire, Tattoo and The Trouble With Never are all available, complete and in one torrent.

at first, i was a little indifferent about this record... NOW? Jesus...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer