You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I got the album yesterday for review purposes at our newspaper. Haven't listened  yet, so I assume, as axlgod noted above, the CD is out there to be had.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I completely agree. I love That Metal Show; but the changes and constant mood swings and opinion sides of Trunk bugs the hell outta me now. The new album complaints aren't the first time Trunk has been whining about VH. I believe it was during the Throw down between 1984 vs. 5150 with Micheal Anthony and Kip Winger. He kept going on how he hated the keyboards in Jump, (being played out which uses alot for Zeppelin, Guns, etc.) (whine, bitch, moan) I'll Wait..I can understand since i think that's the worst song on the album. It was just kind of annoying..and i'm like..dude..we get it already. He choice 5150 which I respected because I own the album; but a few years ago he said he thought all 4 Dave albums were better than the Sammy ones. ..WTF? Could it be the friendship with Sammy changed his mind? seriously. The guy needs to stick to his opinions. Plus..the Top 5 thing they should just drop because it just takes too much time and we get it Trunk you want every person to love UFO and all that. I think after the passing of Dio, it went down hill. I agree with Axlin in that Florentine is one of the reasons to still watch. (I would like to add..Jennifer...) beautiful goddess right there.

Who doesn't want some of that? xD 1116

I'm just hoping they pick better guests this season.

One other thing before I finish ranting. Sammy Hagar sounds extremely bitter about the new album and is calling the band cheap and lying to the fans. They are lying to us because they are giving us classic 70s, early 80s Van Halen sounding rock? ..and no more 6 1/2 to 8 minute experimentation?  I call that a blessing. They could of gave us 6 songs sounding like VH3 with Roth; but no, this album sounds like the new Fair Warning or even better than '84 in my opinion. Here's the article? He tries to compare his band Chickenfoot with the new VH...and I'm like..dude..wasn't the whole point of Chickenfoot was to do something different and new. I would of respected Sammy if he just said he didn't like the album (..and ended it there); but now he is attacking everything else.

Word of advice: Sammy be more like Micheal. end of story.

article:
http://www.thebigdc.com/cc-common/news/ … le=9690088

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

well from what I've heard it isn't Mike Post bad or as over indulging as something out of Phil Spector's romp. lol I think the producers are John Shanks, Eddie/maybe Dave or Wolfgang helped with it too, and Ross the engineer. The only problem I have with Shanks is I think he wanted both a classic feel with a few hits that could be a good mid 80s pop return since that's his forte due to him working with Bon Jovi and Miley Cyrus (yuck). That's not what VH needs. They don't need constant overdubs or mixing on all the vocals, backing vocals, and bass lines. Each one should have their place in the song and their chance to shine. One of me and my friends favorite Jovi songs is Have a nice day and he worked on that. I'm hoping they don't let Eddie take total control over the album's sound and production with Shanks cause that won't be good. We don't need another Twister disaster. Eddie should stick to being a band member, shredding, and doing what he does best. You are right, ADKOT is going to be fucking awesome and a return to form. Kneel before the mighty Van Halen and their greatness. muhahah! xD

I just want to know where the hell is Ted Templeman? I think bringing the material into different studios can change the tone of the record too. but..that's life I guess!

As for Sammy bit, I wish he would let it go. Shit happens, people change, and life goes on. The memories with what happened should be fond and the bad ones just thrown away. He has solo projects, collabs, and Chickenfoot on his plate to deal with to get over everything. He's the Red Rocker and has been in the industry for a long time; so he shouldn't get all upset over his old band moving forward. I do hope one day, all this separation crap and bickering will end and everyone in the band will be friends again and jam together.

As soon as I get out of class and get back home on Tuesday night, picking up that record, and rocking out!!!! xD

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:
axlgod wrote:

just a quickie as i'm getting ready for work, the album has leaked.

Yep, the album has leaked.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Listened to it twice through today. Love the album....H A T E the production.

Maybe i'm just caught up in the badassery of the record, but what's the issue with the production?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Couple of things;

1) You ain't bullshitting. Sammy comes off as a butt hurt, dick in those comments.

2) aDKoT is fucking awesome but I want to punch whomever produced it in the face. Hard.

I just want to say that short of that one track, "Big Foot", Chickenfoot III released earlier this year was fucking terrible.

A Different Kind of Truth looks like 1984 in comparison.

Board footer