You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Furbush wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Couple of things;

1) You ain't bullshitting. Sammy comes off as a butt hurt, dick in those comments.

2) aDKoT is fucking awesome but I want to punch whomever produced it in the face. Hard.

I just want to say that short of that one track, "Big Foot", Chickenfoot III released earlier this year was fucking terrible.

A Different Kind of Truth looks like 1984 in comparison.

The first CF record was pretty fucking slick.. "III" kinda blows... and in comparison to the the return of the mighty VH... he definitely looks like a jealous butthurt fucking crybaby. These two bands could have coexisted nicely, had he shut the fuck up.... Homeboy thought he was blowin' the whistle on the "old material" front.

News Flash, sir... The shit Dave and Ed THREW AWAY wipes the floor with your entire discography. STFU.

Rant Over. wink

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not really sure wipes the floor, but yeah Sammy WITH Van Halen is a much more powerful force than Sammy without Van Halen.

Plus Sammy's best years was pre-Van Halen. Sammy post-Van Halen was a complete fucking joke.

His solo band is absurdly awful. At least Chickenfoot has some talent in it.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Not really sure wipes the floor, but yeah Sammy WITH Van Halen is a much more powerful force than Sammy without Van Halen.

Plus Sammy's best years was pre-Van Halen. Sammy post-Van Halen was a complete fucking joke.

His solo band is absurdly awful. At least Chickenfoot has some talent in it.

I just really want him to shut up.... big_smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

He's starting to sound like Mike Portnoy with the whole Dream Theater situation.

Dave was the first wife. Sammy was the mistress who thought they'd be together forever, and now Eddie left his mistress to go back to his wife, so now Sammy is being all 'Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction' about it.

Michael Anthony should be careful. Sammy might deliver Anthony's severed head to Eddie's house with a note that says, "this is how much I love you; please come back".

16 j/k 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Yeah but he's being a douche about it faldor. He seems to be saying whatever to gain some heat on Twitter, just for the attention.

When Sebastian Bach doesn't look like the douche in the argument... you know you have BIG problems.

I'm with Russ on this one

I used to think Eddie was one of the great straight shooters in the rock/metal scene, but he's turned into a fucking bitch since his GN'R fandom went through the roof. In years past he talked about how much he thought GN'R were overrated and how he wasn't much of a fan and got into arguments with Mike Piazza (who's a diehard Guns fan) about it, and now Eddie deep throats Slash & Axl on a daily basis, sometimes both.

The dude has lost all credibility with me. Jim Florentine is the only guy worth a damn over on That Metal Show anymore. Jericho used to be cool too, until he went back to the WWE.

That's my point; no credibility.

My whole case against him can be wrapped up in one incident. The other day he re-tweeted some singer in some shitty band who said "Man, I wish these 70s bands would stop making new albums that suck. This new Van Halen is awful!" Then when a fan tweeted to Trunk that Trunk was wrong about the album, Trunk tweeted back "What did I say??"

You re-tweeted someones opinion that the album was garbage. Why else would you re-tweet some no-name singer saying that if you didn't agree with it? But then he waffled on it when someone called him out on it.

I caught that too and thought the same thing initially.  But, Brian Slagel is not a no name singer, he's the founder of Metal Blade Records.  So he's more on the heavier side of things, which explains why he is more looking forward to the new Black Sabbath.  Eddie is friends with Brian, so retweeting his thoughts on new VH could simply be nothing more than reading something interesting that you want to share with your followers.  It doesn't have to be the, "see I TOLD you guys the new VH sucked" kind of vibe.

Eddie has also referenced the name dropping thing on his show a number of times, he must get a lot of complaints in that department.  He says he does it not to say, "look at me, I'm so cool", but simply because that's his life and it helps to tell the stories.

Anyway, I appreciate what Eddie does for the genre, keeping rock alive.  But I don't put much faith into things he likes or doesn't like.  He didn't like Chinese Democracy.  He liked Snakepit better than Velvet Revolver, and he didn't really like the Use Your Illusions either because they were too bloated.  I am in complete disagreement on all of those things, but that's okay.

On a final note, I will be on the Eddie Trunk hate brigade on Sunday when my Patriots face his Giants.  I'll be reading his Giant related tweets about how great Eli is.  It will irk me, I just hope the Pats come out on top, otherwise I will hate Eddie for much longer than one day.  I would certainly avoid his radio show next Monday, which I normally catch parts of, because the Giant talk would make me sick to my stomach.  Of course if the Patriots win, it'll be a must listen.

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Furbush wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Listened to it twice through today. Love the album....H A T E the production.

Maybe i'm just caught up in the badassery of the record, but what's the issue with the production?

Can't put my finger on it. It doesn't sound "clean" so to speak. The quality of song is there and I love the record, I just wish it were a little more clear over all. It's no where near as clean as the sound of older VH material.

Listen to Me Wise or Can't Get This Stuff, then listen to any track off the new album. I think you'll hear what I mean.

oh, most definitely... compared to VHII, WACF, and FW it's muddy as hell

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

They are looking and sound so great. A year or so ago, with Soundgarden back on the scene and GNR revamping their image and setlist, I wouldn't have bet a single dollar that hands-down the best comeback was gonna come from VH.
I hope their tour goes off awesome. These guys have been gone WAY WAY too long!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Good review Furbush. Still haven't heard the album yet. Might listen to it tonight. The fact they used old demos doesnt bother me. IF they do a 2nd album, would like to see them raid DLR's vault & pray they find some Eat Em demos to rework.

Board footer