You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

faldor wrote:

Saw "Black Swan" the other day.  Pretty f'ed up movie, in a dark kind of way, but I liked it.  I had a lot of questions when it was over though on what was and wasn't.  Great job by Darren Aronofsky, he makes some good movies.  And that scene between Kunis and Portman was HOT.  Not much was shown, but the suggestiveness was good enough for me.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Currently at Chronicle. Will say what I think about it afterwards

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Chronicle was a pretty good movie, In fact better than anticipated. Movie did only run at a mere 1HR 25MINS though

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

RED STATE. Sorry it took so long, Russ. 16

Totally different than what I was expecting. Wasn't expecting it to turn into Waco. Not sure how I feel about it right now. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. It's a very strange movie.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's a piece of convoluted crap is what it is. 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I saw Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud the other night. I didn't overly like it. BIG problem for me was the kid who played  the main character. I know he's gettng rave reviews for his performance but I hated it.  I found him annoying as hell and incredibly unlikeable. Not a  good combo when you're supposed to sympathize wih the character. In my opinion his performance will get high prasie based on pre viewing hype and people will simply "agree" with what they've been told.  The reviews, critics & commercials all say he's amazing so people will go into with their mind already made up that he is and then will just stick with that opinion because it's THE opinion. You'd be a fool to thin otherwise.  Call me a fool 16 I didn't like him at all.   That's my opinion anyways.

Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock were barely even in it. The old man was interesting though but who he was was all too obvious way too soon and his charcater never really developed much. He was the best part of the movie by far though in my opinion.  Kinda like Woody Harelson's charcater in Seven Pounds. By far the most interesting and best played character  yet the movie was wasted on a  love story and Rosario Dawson's character.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I saw the previews for that, and thought it was one of the coolest looking movies i'd seen in awhile.

Great concept.

Bro-mero

Bro-mero wrote:

Chronicle reminds me a lot like Napoleon Dynamite in the sense that they both seem to be low budget films (actors, camera quality, etc.) but both have had rave fan reviews. I Like both movies a lot! Chronicle does leave you thinking about the movie in the same way as Inception did

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I saw the Woman in Black. It was actually pretty good for the most part. Classic spooks and watching people shit themselves over the simplest thing can be fun at times. Saw it with friends; so it made it better. The ending was meh and kind of corny.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Haywire.  Pretty good movie.  It's more style over substance which I can understand since Soderbergh cast a non actress in the lead role.  Really nice 70s soundtrack vibe in the film.

I wish the film were a bit longer as I found the second half of the film weaker than the first half.

One negative--Channing Tatum.  This fucker can't act.  He bored the shit out of me in all his scenes.  They would have been better off giving off most of his screen time to anyone else.

The showed the 21 Jump Street trailer before this film and it was fucking horrible.

Board footer