You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

WARose wrote:

well, they won`t adapt their setlist, and it`s not the first metal festival they play in europe. they played the same festival in 2006 and it went off without a hitch from what i`ve heard. they also played gods of metal 2006 in milan and there was no problem. i think the british festivals are the hard ones, metal festival or not...  those crowds are much more hostile, than any other european crowds it seems.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Yeah, it might not seem like it from the headliners this year, but Graspop has really always been torn between classic hard rock & straight up metal. Motley Crew, Aerosmith, Kiss, ... have all played there the last couple of years. Europe is playing this year as well, by the way.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm a big fan of a lot of those heavy bands on that line up, so's many of my friends, and we all cut our teeth on bands like GNR and Sabbath when we were young before delving into harder stuff. A few friends have contacted me wanting to go to this as there is so many bands we are all into, personally I think its the best line up for a festival ever 22

Sky Dog wrote:

you go boy...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
madagas wrote:

you go boy...

I'd love to, money will be at a premium this year though and its a fair old trek for me, luckily some of them will be coming to a town near me very soon 9

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

To me if I were GN'R and playing a metal festival, i'd adjust my setlist to try to appeal to the audience a bit more. Maybe a bit harder.

Something like...

AFD:

Jungle
Easy
Nightrain
Out Ta Get Me
Mr. B
Paradise City
My Michelle
SCOM
You're Crazy (electric version)

Lies:

Reckless Life
Nice Boys

UYI1:

Perfect Crime
Double Talkin' Jive (extended soloing)
Coma

UYI2:

Civil War
Locomotive
YCBM

CD:

Shackler's Revenge
Scraped
Riad N' The Bedouins

Other:

Oh My God
Silkworms
something from the vault industrial

I'd be kinda scared with a massive crowd like that once I played my 8th ballad that they wouldn't throw their own shit at the stage.

Btw... i'd paid good ass money if GN'R in 2012 played a setlist with those songs. Who wouldn't?

I hear ya but just my own personal taste but I'd make it look more like this:

Jungle
Easy
Nightrain
Out Ta Get Me
Mr. B
Paradise City
My Michelle
SCOM
Rocket Queen

Lies:

Reckless Life
Nice Boys

UYI1:

Dead Horse
Perfect Crime
Double Talkin' Jive (extended soloing)
Coma
Don't Damn Me(that would be sick)

UYI2:

Civil War
Locomotive
YCBM

CD:

Shackler's Revenge
Chinese Democracy
Better

Fuck the incredibly obscure songs like OMG and Silkworms and anythinge lse "industrial"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Megadeth and GNR at the same show would be awesome overload for me!

ps. Love to see DTJ back into the setlist in general...be good excuse to have an extended bumble/DJ guitar fest!

terrayrose
 Rep: 1 

terrayrose wrote:

hey Guys, am from Indonesia and tonihgt there will be show for tribute Gunsnfucking roses, here the link http://www.yotomo.com/specials/view/311....
the band and the funs is choose today bcos is Axl birthday, so we will fucking enjoy with our local band tonight....will post some pict off course..cheers from Jakarta...

terrayrose
 Rep: 1 

terrayrose wrote:

anyway, can u guys adv me how to upload pict in this fucking forum heheheeh

Board footer