You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Furbush wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Good review Furbush. Still haven't heard the album yet. Might listen to it tonight. The fact they used old demos doesnt bother me. IF they do a 2nd album, would like to see them raid DLR's vault & pray they find some Eat Em demos to rework.

Yeah, well whadda you think the chances are that Ed would play Vai shit? 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

HAHA no doubt. Now that Roth is back in the spotlight I wish he'd take full advantage & release some deluxe editions of his early solo work. Bissonette said eons ago that the demos destroyed the polished albums.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Awesome man!! Enjoy yourself. Picking up the album when I get back from campus later tonight, then after dinner i'll be rocking out!! xD Getting the Deluxe version of course! So worth it!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Just bought it from Amazon- gonna be listening on repeat all day long. This album is awesome!

P.S. I bought the cheap version. If some videos from the deluxe version fell off a truck or something, I wouldn't be opposed to watching them... smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Awesome man!! Enjoy yourself. Picking up the album when I get back from campus later tonight, then after dinner i'll be rocking out!! xD Getting the Deluxe version of course! So worth it!

Yessir.

This record is fucking awesome. So many instant classics on it. Let me know later if you watch The Downtown Sessions and you want the tracks in mp3 format. If so, I can upload them and get you a link later.

That's kinda how I feel. I listened to that live version of "Tattoo" again the other day and i'm sitting there going, "what the fuck is up with the negativity on this song? This is VINTAGE Van Halen. It's catchy as hell".

And like I said before, Van Halen could've walked in and laid an egg. I thought the Roth '96 tracks on the Greatest Hits were hit and miss. Me Wise Magic ruled, but the other one stunk. Same with the Sammy tracks in 2004. Learning To See was good, the others crap.

I was really curious to see what Van Halen IV would be... and it was alot like Van Halen I. They just picked the ball up and ran with it.

And for Van Hagar fans, some of the guitar melodies from Eddie have remained intact from that era, at the same time incorporating his hard rock persona from VH I & II.

NOW it truely is the 'Best of Both Worlds'. 22

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Yessir.

This record is fucking awesome. So many instant classics on it. Let me know later if you watch The Downtown Sessions and you want the tracks in mp3 format. If so, I can upload them and get you a link later.

That's kinda how I feel. I listened to that live version of "Tattoo" again the other day and i'm sitting there going, "what the fuck is up with the negativity on this song? This is VINTAGE Van Halen. It's catchy as hell".

And like I said before, Van Halen could've walked in and laid an egg. I thought the Roth '96 tracks on the Greatest Hits were hit and miss. Me Wise Magic ruled, but the other one stunk. Same with the Sammy tracks in 2004. Learning To See was good, the others crap.

I was really curious to see what Van Halen IV would be... and it was alot like Van Halen I. They just picked the ball up and ran with it.

And for Van Hagar fans, some of the guitar melodies from Eddie have remained intact from that era, at the same time incorporating his hard rock persona from VH I & II.

NOW it truely is the 'Best of Both Worlds'. 22

Dude..I was thinking the same thing about Tattoo as well. I love the song. It's catchy and has Dave & the boys written all over it. For some people it takes awhile to grow on ya; but over the past few weeks I've listened to it on Youtube and Spotify and just jamming and trying to sing along.  I liked the song better once Dave posted a vid about the lyrics. So..bad ass!! I don't think it's a weak song or single at all. In some ways it's better than anything on VH3 and some of the stuff on Diver Down or the song I'll Wait in my opinion.

Couldn't of said it better myself my friend!! big_smile There is reason why I listed my twitter and my forum profile as ME WISE MAGIC xD I use it as personal identity when I make music with others.

@Russ: that would be cool man! I was thinking about burning a copy and giving it to a friend of mine. I'm starting to think Chinatown and the Trouble with Never and Y&YB might become my favorite tracks on the album once I buy it! I need to hear As Is and others too!! So pumped. Waited for this record for awhile now..and so far it's going beyond anyone's expectations. I follow the Van halen news desk all the time and I loved their review. Jim Florentine did a pretty good review on his podcast after he shut up about the Super Bowl lol.

ROCK ON EVERYBODY!!!! 919

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer