You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Back on the subject of Trunk, I'm heading to Twitter to finally stop following his ass now and it's pretty much over the VH album. Dude wants to do nothing but insult the record while talking about how cool he is for having been invited to the Club Wha? show, getting the album before the rest of us and going to whatever shows on the tour he wants for free if he chooses.

In case you care.  I still follow Eddie Trunk, even though I had to sift through his New York Giant related tweets through the Super Bowl.  Anyway, on his flight home he got a chance to listen to the album in full and he said he can't believes how good it is.  He said he didn't have high hopes because he didn't like "Tattoo", but thought the album as a whole was awesome.  More or less.

What a fuckin' recanting pussy. He did the same thing with Chinese Democracy.

Give it a few months. Eddie will suddenly start slagging on the album as being "okay".

roll

I've never heard him speak glowingly of Chinese Democracy.  He's stuck to his guns on that one.  Wasn't his cup of tea.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When it came out he was soft on it when Florentine started being soft on it, especially when Ron was around.

As the months past, the rougher he got.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I saw that pattern as well. Trunk is one of those people that tries to keep bringing up a reunion since he's friends with Slash and on good terms with Duff, Gilby, Steven, and some of the alumni. It gets kind of old after awhile. (well all reunion talk is annoying unless it involves Zeppelin or something) Plus he's pals with Ron; so his decision making becomes conflicting and ever changing. There is that sense that he's glad Chinese is out; but he just doesn't care for the record which is understandable. I think out of anybody in TMS or VH1 programming in general, It's Florentine that appreciates it. He said it was a solid album one time and had a few copies of some of the leaks that he would jam to. Have the copy of Ron's Pink Panther on my laptop and I like to bust it out on my laptop! Kick ass guitar playing and a sense of how this current lineup could work together on a new record! Without Ron, we probably wouldn't have an awesome theme like that for TMS.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I've been listening to this album all week. It's honestly the best rock album I've heard in years.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That kicks ass! She's a keeper!! Hold on to her man! I asked for those shoes for my birthday last  year; but never received any. So I may buy a pair for myself sometime in the near future! big_smile They would make me feel awesome!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

WOW! Very cool!

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Wow!. Been living with this album for a week now and I must say I am impressed... all starting to click - amazing musicality and production...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I gotta say, this new release has given me greater appreciation of the DLR era. I grew up to the Van Hagar era, so that was always more my preferred version of the band.

But I've revisited 1984, Van Halen 1 (the only two DLR era albums I own), and the DLR era tracks on the Greatest Hits collection, and I'm really digging it. Just good time, party rock.

Hoping they bring the tour to Australia.

Board footer