You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I bought 2 tix last night while buzzed and listening to the album. I'm SO F-ING PUMPED!!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke

smoke wrote:

I'm such a huge DLR fan, but ALL of these guys are looking and sounding awesome. Even Wolfie's bringing it. How great is it to see Ed smiling while Dave's leaning into him? Thank God for opportunities like this- VH was/is too important for this generation to not get the chance to experience. I'm so happy they seem to have realized it too.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Got the album yesterday and cranked it riding around.  Was happy with what I heard.  I think the album will continue to grown and only get better.  Is it just me, or does this album sound heavier than normal VH?  And if so, can that be credited to Wolfie?  The bass really stood out to me.

Oh, and when I bought the album, another guy bought it right before me.  Which I thought was a landmark event in this day and age.  Best Buy sold 2 CD's to 2 separate customers in 2 minutes.  Has to be a record for 2012.

I also checked the GNR section, and sure enough there were no copies of CD on the shelves.  What the hell did they do with all the extra copies?  Doesn't make sense to me that they remove them all.  What harm does it do to keep a few on the shelves for sale?  Unless they got money from a buyback or something.  Strange.

smoke

smoke wrote:

They were all marked down to 1.99 last year. They might actually be gone.  When I went to my local BB, I got the last two vinyls for 1.99.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Bought album a little while ago at Walmart.....

let me just say, I am notorious for taking 4-5 listens to love an album

First time through this and I think it is absolutely horrible.

let me listen a few more times though.

Tattoo,She's The Woman are good.. blood and fire is pretty good... rest.... Sounded like the exact same song

will keep listening and give my next review in a few days of listening.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Faldor, CD was taking up precious space. No big box outlet is going to waste space on something no one wants, whether its 2 copies or 100.  Its why they dont stock dog turds even though they might sell 1 or 2 to people into scat.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its like I said when CD was released..its fate was a landfill next to those ET cartridges. In a million years the transhumans will ponder the mystery why a ton of square objects with a bike pic were buried. They'll solve the mystery when they hear it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Bought album a little while ago at Walmart.....

let me just say, I am notorious for taking 4-5 listens to love an album

First time through this and I think it is absolutely horrible.

Wow, I can understand not thinking it's great, but absolutely horrible?

Really? 10

Board footer