You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

metallex78 wrote:

I'm just stoked that they're back out there playing again, and not only that, they've released an album that is way above and beyond what they were expected to.

I gotta say too, a 20+ song setlist is pretty impressive by any band's standards, let-alone for for a bunch of old rockers.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-D- wrote:

Loving this album so fuckin much. As Is and Stay Frosty are my current two faves but the Riff on Shes The Woman just fucking Crushes.

Thinking heavily of seeing them April 27th in Nashville.

I'm not kidding you I think I listened to Stay Frosty about 20 times in a row while driving around for work the other day.

Oh me too!!

Those Uh Uh Uh's of Diamond Dave are what i call annoyingly awesome LOL they sound like he is fucking around but they are so much fun

I was going through Wal Mart and everytime my GF would say something or ask me a question I'd break into the UH UH UH, UH UH UH

hahaha awesome shit.

Stay Frosty is pure orgasmic guitar ear candy to me, and once that heavy riff kicks in, it is game ON!:mosh:

And DLR is at his tongue-in-cheek best. Love this line:
"If you wanna be a monk, ya gotta cook a lot of rice"

Like I said earlier, VH have released an album, a million times better than anyone ever expected them to. If you're a VH fan, and you don't absolutely love A Different Kind of Truth, then you ain't really a fan.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Oh me too!!

Those Uh Uh Uh's of Diamond Dave are what i call annoyingly awesome LOL they sound like he is fucking around but they are so much fun

I was going through Wal Mart and everytime my GF would say something or ask me a question I'd break into the UH UH UH, UH UH UH

hahaha awesome shit.

Stay Frosty is pure orgasmic guitar ear candy to me, and once that heavy riff kicks in, it is game ON!:mosh:

And DLR is at his tongue-in-cheek best. Love this line:
"If you wanna be a monk, ya gotta cook a lot of rice"

Like I said earlier, VH have released an album, a million times better than anyone ever expected them to. If you're a VH fan, and you don't absolutely love A Different Kind of Truth, then you ain't really a fan.

What he said 16

I think my favorite part in Frosty is "So I wondered out west to the California coast. Where the folks who know about frostyness, stay frostyest the most". It just kills me how Dave delivers the line like it's just regular business 16

The song has a smoothness and laid back vibe to it when Dave sings and that's why it's so awesome. The analogies and stories within the song just make it great. Diamond Dave is back ladies & gents!!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I would LOVE to hear more aDKoT but that's just me. VH is like GN'R in that, they could do a 3 1/2 - 4hr set and there would still be a ton of people left unhappy.

As for GNR, they get alot of crap for these past shows and even the last U.S. tour. 3 hours of Axl singing especially in this age. Most bands can't even go an 1 and 1/2 during a show plus they would charge you and an arm and a leg. The band is playing songs I want to hear live and rock out too. The current lineup are amazing. DJ gets so much shit that he doesn't deserve.  I decided not to do the club shows and wait for them to do another U.S. arena tour near an area me and my friends can get to. Don't know when that's going to happen; so I'll see whats around in the year. I'm considering seeing Slash and the conspirators live in May since it's near my birthday and the tickets are fair as hell. : D Right now focusing on finishing up these classes, registering my new classes, getting important shit done, and planning out Van Halen road trip!

Well for the record Axl doesn't sing for 3 hours.

Strip away the solos and the solos within the songs and he may top out at 1 hr 45 or so tops.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Seriously D, you going to nitpick like that?  I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the 3+ hour show I saw GNR play and I did far less singing than Axl.  It's impressive, whatever way you want to slice it.

And for those interested, the VH show last night clocked in at about 2 hours, and apparently they didn't leave the stage and come back for an encore.

Me_Wise_Magic

That's cool. How long was the wait for them to get on stage after Kool?  So after Jump, did they just do their bows and stuff and leave?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:

Seriously D, you going to nitpick like that?  I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the 3+ hour show I saw GNR play and I did far less singing than Axl.  It's impressive, whatever way you want to slice it.

And for those interested, the VH show last night clocked in at about 2 hours, and apparently they didn't leave the stage and come back for an encore.

HAHAH sorry, one of my douche moments. LOL 1419

Me_Wise_Magic

It's cool. don't worry about it.

Board footer