You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

-D- wrote:

As Is and Stay Frosty are two of the best songs I've heard in a while.

Love entire album. just rocks so fucking hard.

As Is  WOW, what a musical masterpiece that is.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I whole heartily agree with those statements! big_smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I just knew Stay Frosty was LE-GEN-DARY as soon as I heard it.

Diamond Dave doing what he does best. Vintage Halen.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

just blows my mind how amateurish Eddie Van Halen makes all the pretenders to the throne sound that jacked his style.

WOW, i listen to his work on this album and i just am in awe.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

No one can knock Eddie off his thrown now! Kneel before the master!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, it's almost a shame that Eddie has wasted all these years of inactivity, but now that they're back out there again, he's picked up right where he left off.
He is playing as great as he ever did, and has some absolutely jaw-dropping solos and riffs on the new album.

It's a bit early to say, but I'm calling A Different Kind Of Truth rock album of the year for sure.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

just blows my mind how amateurish Eddie Van Halen makes all the pretenders to the throne sound that jacked his style.

WOW, i listen to his work on this album and i just am in awe.

Didn't you used to downplay Eddie's abilities on guitar?  Not trying to "start" anything, I just seem to remember you saying something along those lines.  If so, did you just not give him a fair deal before and are now noticing his greatness?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Well, after listening to the album almost non-stop the last few weeks, I think the weaker tracks are Bullethead, and Outta Space, more because I don't really like the lyrics. Musically they're still pretty tight.

My favourites are: As Is, Stay Frosty (possibly my all time favourite VH track), China Town, She's The Woman, and the rest of the album is awesome too.

And is it just me, or does DLR sound a bit like Ozzy on the chorus of China Town?

Yeah, I still think the first half of the album is stronger than the second half.  I haven't been able to dive headfirst into "Bullethead" or "Honeybabysweetiedoll" as much as the rest of the album.  "She's the Woman" is coming on fast for me though.  Same with "You and Your Blues".  Didn't LOVE those songs at first, but they definitely fall into that category now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer