You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

-D- wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

just blows my mind how amateurish Eddie Van Halen makes all the pretenders to the throne sound that jacked his style.

WOW, i listen to his work on this album and i just am in awe.

Didn't you used to downplay Eddie's abilities on guitar?  Not trying to "start" anything, I just seem to remember you saying something along those lines.  If so, did you just not give him a fair deal before and are now noticing his greatness?

unlike other people on message forums.. i tend to keep an open mind and can have my opinion changed. I guess i heard all the SHITTY tappers etc and it kinda ruined Eddie's style for me.. but now i am far removed from the generic guys and can really lock into what Eddie's doing. it has def blown my mind.

This is the first VH album I've owned and i love it.

of course i never liked Van Hagar though.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

It's a bit early to say, but I'm calling A Different Kind Of Truth rock album of the year for sure.

I just said this on the way to GN'R on Tuesday. We had Stacey, myself and two others in the car and I turned to the guys in the back and said "Wanna hear the best rock album from this entire year?" then we all rocked the fuck out the Tattoo.

I played Stay Frosty next and that became the toast of the night. They fell so in love with it that every time we ordered my beers through the whole GN'R pre-party, opener, show, etc, when the beers came they guys would lift them to toast and say "Stay Frosty"

Nice dude! Sounds like an awesome time! I've been finding ways to use that saying as well. Chinatown, Y&YB, She's The Woman, Bullethead, Outta Space, Stay Frosty, and Trouble with Never are my favorites! big_smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

It's a bit early to say, but I'm calling A Different Kind Of Truth rock album of the year for sure.

I just said this on the way to GN'R on Tuesday. We had Stacey, myself and two others in the car and I turned to the guys in the back and said "Wanna hear the best rock album from this entire year?" then we all rocked the fuck out the Tattoo.

I played Stay Frosty next and that became the toast of the night. They fell so in love with it that every time we ordered my beers through the whole GN'R pre-party, opener, show, etc, when the beers came they guys would lift them to toast and say "Stay Frosty"

That's awesome. I've found myself saying Stay Frosty a fair bit lately too.

I love this album so much. It's just great, feel good party rock, with the right amount of aggression, without taking itself too seriously.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Finally gonna go out and buy this sucker tomorrow. Haven't listened to anything from it really so I am excited. Everyone here seems to hold up high.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I listened to it front and back one time while joy riding. I really dig it so far. Gonna give it another spin in a few when I pick up some of that magic plant. 16 I will post my full thoughts on it later.

-D-

-D- wrote:

That riff on Trouble with Never..... holy fuck

I still do my annoying "UH UH UH, UH UH UH" anytime i wanna get a good laugh

amazing how dave does that. it kicks so much ass.

My GF will ask: Donnie, do u want something to eat? I'll go UH UH UH, UH UH UH its awesome.

-D-

-D- wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I listened to it front and back one time while joy riding. I really dig it so far. Gonna give it another spin in a few when I pick up some of that magic plant. 16 I will post my full thoughts on it later.

Yeah it is the ultimate grower

First listen i woulda gave it 2/10

Now its one of the greatest most kick ass Rock CD's ive ever owned

so give it some spins.

-D-

-D- wrote:

May full review this later myself since I haven't posted a track by track analysis yet.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

That riff on Trouble with Never..... holy fuck

That's such a funky riff, love it!

Board footer