You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

BLS-Pride wrote:

Friday, March 9th, 2012 @ The Hollywood Palladium (6215 Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood, CA 90028)

Sunday, March 11th, 2012 @ The Wiltern (7390 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90010)

Monday, March 12th, 2012 @ House Of Blues West Hollywood (8430 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

He said he wanted to play small shows in LA in his LA Times interview, I wondered when they would appear.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I was kind of hoping they would squeeze in an Indy club show as they headed out west.  Never say never on this leg of the tour...

Sky Dog wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Got an unexpected bonus today. Thought for 2 seconds about checking flights to ATL or Orlando, then decided that I like living and I don't think Stacey would allow me to do so if I flew to see GN'R again lol

You're Crazy enough to come to Atlanta, I'll buy your ticket. We got two hotel rooms right next to the venue and are gonna be wide open. Group of 12 going. All middle aged idiots like me. It's on!:beer:

oh, and Radiohead is playing at Phillips Arena 500 yards from the Tabernacle. The whole area is all rock. My brother is going to Radiohead (which should end at 11:00), then is walking over to Gnr. Holy Shit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
madagas wrote:

My brother is going to Radiohead (which should end at 11:00), then is walking over to Gnr. Holy Shit.

Axl might do that too. 16

johndivney wrote:

maddy, why r u not doing the same? i would. RH have two drummers now!
i haven't seen RH since like '02/'03. i used to be a hardcore fan but my interest cooled w/HTTT (i didn't think it was rebellious & challenging enough!) but their last few albums have been decent to p great & i'd like to see how the new guy works out, especially in a smaller setting. i'd only really get to see them in enormodomes or festivals these days.

Sky Dog wrote:

Seen Radiohead 3-4 times and was a big fan as well up through Hail to the Thief. I like some of In Rainbows but am frankly tired of the electronic noodling. They are one of the best rock bands ever when they plug in and go with the three guitar attack or two electric and one acoustic...think Paranoid Android or Airbag.

Ok Computer is one of the few records that I think is actually perfect. I never get sick of it and never skip a track.

johndivney wrote:

nah jonny sacrificed his guitar-god status to help make their (2nd) masterpiece. after kid a the guitars were never coming back.

i am tired of the noodling, yea. but i also think they have zero desire to play guitar-based rock, which was in evidence on HTTT's lack of passion. Go to Sleep may well be the worst thing they've ever done. they're never going back to that magic moment (when they wanted to be the biggest band in the world, then got depressed when it p much happened). now they're too comfortable in their upper-mid tier twiddling their knobs.

Sky Dog wrote:

headin' out soon bitches...will try to post some pics if I can get some of my tech savvy buddies to help...can't believe I get to see Axl in this venue. This may be the final chapter for me as far as this whole new Gnr saga goes. I thought the last show was a fitting end, but this should be better.

Cheers.:beer:

Board footer