You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I really should spin this some more and see if I can feel the love.

Seems to have grown on all you and I respect the opinions on here.

Just for me I seem opposite so far, like everyone says Tattoo is the worst part of the album, but on only 1 or 2 listens that was the song I liked most.

Do it

I am not a Van Halen fan. Only bought this album cause of the hype and wanting to intelligently discuss it with people on the internet.

First listen.. hated it

now... best rock album of 21st century

i am now a VH fan.

not a bad song on the album..

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Van Halen seems to be taking a page out of the GNR book on promotion.  Well, at least they ARE touring to promote their album WHEN IT'S RELEASED.  But apparently they turned down an interview with Howard Stern, and according to Baba Booey (Stern's producer) Dave turned down Letterman and the cover of Rolling Stone as well.  Is this some new trend?  Don't do interviews, print media.

http://www.siriusxm.com/howardweb/mp3/02295.mp3

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

Bands no longer care bout selling records... they won't make shit off ADKOT

they make money touring.. tour is selling big.. so why do the reg shit to sell records when people are gonna just dig on them and try to get them to say shit to twist it around etc.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

As is, at the moment is my favorite track. The album has some really aggressive moments which I wasn't expected and really liking.

It is a surprisingly aggressive album.

Sky Dog wrote:
-D- wrote:

they make money touring.. tour is selling big.. so why do the reg shit to sell records when people are gonna just dig on them and try to get them to say shit to twist it around etc.

you don't seem to give Axl the same break.....:peace:

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:
-D- wrote:

Great point! 

I'm sure the response would be something along the lines that VH is at least out pushing new product.  Mind you, they're only playing 4 new songs a night, the SAME 4 songs at that amongst a static setlist for the most part.  All that doesn't seem to matter though.  I guess Axl and GNR are held to higher standards.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Only a few months away till I get to seem live in NC. Going to be amazing! Going to be a rocking time! From what I've seen on some of the youtube clips of the past few shows, I'm impressed!! I've been telling how amazing the album is to some of my friends who love Van Halen! big_smile So far China Town, The Trouble with Never, AS IS, and You & Your Blues are my top 4 favorites. Stay Frosty, Woman, Bullethead, and Outta Space are getting up there as well. Big River is starting to grow on me alot more too. Tattoo has definitely become an awesome song to sit back and chill too from the first time I heard it back in Jan. I really dig the song. ugh... I can't pick a favorite with this record unlike some of the other VH albums. Just pure, un-adulterated Rock N' Roll!!! That's what the music world needs.

-D-

-D- wrote:
madagas wrote:
-D- wrote:

I don't think I've really criticized Axl for not doing Rolling Stone etc. Not releasing a video and putting out wrong first single.. I am not apologizing for.

Axl isn't selling the same amount of tickets as Van Halen either..

My point with Axl is... Its almost like he does zero promotion to deceive the general public who don't know and will buy the brand Guns N Roses without even realizing its a new band.

big fucking difference.

Board footer