You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

You didn't see the original space shuttle take off? Then reported lost in space? It ties in perfectly.

What do you mean by "not from the future?"

The apes?

And as for Drive, I'd really be interested in seeing what Michael Mann would have done with it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

You didn't see the original space shuttle take off? Then reported lost in space? It ties in perfectly.

The apes?

And as for Drive, I'd really be interested in seeing what Michael Mann would have done with it.

I may be wrong, but are you sure you're talking about RISE of Planet of the Apes and not the Mark Wahlberg/Tim Burton remake 10 years ago??   Maybe I went into the kitchen for a soda or pizza, or just flat out forgot, but I don't recall that scene.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The shuttle was done really subtle. It was on news reports and newspaper headlines in the film.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

The apes?

I'd be interested in seeing what a modern Michael Mann with DP Dion Beebe would've done with it with that Viper HD camera he used in Robbery Homicide Division, Collateral, Miami Vice 2006, Public Enemies...

I think the main fuckup Mann would've made is he's lost his musical direction. The soundtrack for Drive was perfect, and unfortunately Mann at this point has OVERUSED Moby and Chris Cornell in his movies.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

GREATEST MOVIE EVER!

THE GREY

I've been a lifelong Star Wars fan and when I saw The Grey, it totally blew Star Wars out of the water. Liam Neeson is king in the movie with an epic ending better than any Star Wars movie ending ever made.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Finally got around to watching the Paradise Lost films.  I was kind of surprised how the first film cast THAT much doubt on the case.  I mean, there were mistakes, sure.  Anyway, it was compelling at the very least.

Also saw "Cyrus" on HBO.  Good "serious" comedy or however you want to describe it.  I love how Jonah Hill used Benjy Bronk, of the Howard Stern Show, as an inspiration for his character.  Brilliantly messed up character, just like Benjy.

Also saw, "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" awhile back.  Good flick.  I watched it initially to see Marissa Tomei naked, as I heard she was quite a bit.  She didn't disappoint.  I also heard though that the movie was really good, and it was.  I recommend.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Saw John Carter a few hours. I was impressed. The acting wasn't great; but the visuals and presentation were outstanding. The original story was based on a book that was developed before Buck Rodgers, Flash Gordan or Star Wars. If you are looking for a pretty good action popcorn flick, look no further. The guy who directed Wall-E directed this one.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

GREATEST MOVIE EVER!

THE GREY

I've been a lifelong Star Wars fan and when I saw The Grey, it totally blew Star Wars out of the water. Liam Neeson is king in the movie with an epic ending better than any Star Wars movie ending ever made.

16 I have steered completely clear of that movie because everything I have heard from people I know who have seen it all say it was ok at best. Most say it was rather dull though.  To be honest your post is the first positive thing I've heard. (I've not heard any critics reviews)

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

lol i was hacked by a crazed liam neeson fan. the movie was average. neeson was great as always.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Giggity

Board footer