You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

metallex78 wrote:

The only thing I think is actually a shame, is that they aren't playing the better songs off their new album. They have some absolutely killer tracks on there that deserve to be played live!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I would imagine "As Is" would be a fucking nightmare of a beast to pull off live. so many changes etc.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I agree Russ. I think the newer songs that haven't been played yet would have to be Stay Frosty, Blood and Fire, Big River, and maybe Outta Space. Those sound like they could pulled off pretty well in a live show. I'm happy with the balance of songs from this tour and only a month to go till the VH adventure for me. @-D- : Yeah i know right? xD It's a pretty fast song. I got to give the band props for pulling out China Town a few times live. I saw that on Youtube and it looked pretty tough. China has to be in my top 3 favorites on the album.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

China Town was great live. I think they'll maybe roll out some more new songs here and there, but they're so damn tight that I can understand sticking with a more static playlist. It's gotta be pretty hard to put on that tight of a set.

The other thing is it seems more likely that they'll rotate in more surprises from the bqck catalog. There's just too much history there for a 20ish song set is the real problem. It's a good problem to have though, that's for sure.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I agree Russ. I think the newer songs that haven't been played yet would have to be Stay Frosty, Blood and Fire, Big River, and maybe Outta Space. Those sound like they could pulled off pretty well in a live show. I'm happy with the balance of songs from this tour and only a month to go till the VH adventure for me. @-D- : Yeah i know right? xD It's a pretty fast song. I got to give the band props for pulling out China Town a few times live. I saw that on Youtube and it looked pretty tough. China has to be in my top 3 favorites on the album.

I'm pretty sure I saw a video of them playing Blood and Fire live, and DLR was really struggling with it.  Probably why they aren't playing it a lot.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I could see that being hard for him to pull off.

Yeah, it would be rough having to pull that off night after night.  It's such a shame because it's my favorite song on ADKoT

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I'm pretty sure I saw a video of them playing Blood and Fire live, and DLR was really struggling with it.  Probably why they aren't playing it a lot.

A bit of a struggle, yes.

Board footer