You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bobo
 Rep: -7 

Re: Mar. 12th, 2012 - House of Blues, Los Angeles, CA

bobo wrote:

i prefer robin finck to dj ashba and bumblefoot. robin is better than both of them live

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Robin has literally no stage prescence compared to DJ & Ron. Frankly, neither does Bucket.

Then again in Robin's defense, he's an industrial player. They all kinda act like that. DJ & Ron are obviously glam metal-types, and they fit that mold.

I'm sorry... i'd take a glam GN'R over an industrial GN'R. Glam is closer to their roots than industrial.

bobo

bobo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Robin has literally no stage prescence compared to DJ & Ron. Frankly, neither does Bucket.

Then again in Robin's defense, he's an industrial player. They all kinda act like that. DJ & Ron are obviously glam metal-types, and they fit that mold.

I'm sorry... i'd take a glam GN'R over an industrial GN'R. Glam is closer to their roots than industrial.

this i love isn't industrial. robin finck does the guitar solo on this i love

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes, and the solo sounds like an industrial guitarist who thinks he's a classic rock, blues-influenced guitarist trying his best to do that solo, and it comes across as choppy.

I'm not big on that solo (think DJ does it better), so we probably shouldn't go down that road.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Ok...if we're putting it out there:

* On instrument skills Bumblefoot is a far better guitarist than anyone else in the band, suggesting getting rid of him makes no sense.

* Live DJ plays everything that robin played better than robin plays it.

* Robin writes good music but is unable or unwilling to play the old songs properly - keep in mind 70% of the show is old songs.

Suggestion that he's a better fit for the band is crazy to me.

bobo

bobo wrote:
bobo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

this i love isn't industrial. robin finck does the guitar solo on this i love

robin's guitar solo on this i love is cutting edge classic rock. robin redefines rock on this i love.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

And considering Brain was there, i'm assuming Bucket was asked and turned it down.

That's possible, but it's funny you mention that.

Brain did the Inland Invasion mini-tour in 2006 in Cali (since he lives there) and has done some remix work on CD after its release. So, on Brain's part, I've always believed the official word (for once!) that he's on a touring hiatus.

One can only imagine the personal issue Bucket may have about NOT playing with GNR, when his friend would say, 'I'll do it, if they ask me'.

Axl.

Perform with Bucket in RRHOF big_smile

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I hope that digging out these old covers and bringing back 2 of the main players from CD at the end of this tour is a tribute to the past, signaling a change in direction for the next tour.
Surely they have got to freshen it up somehow for the return to europe?

Mon tae fuck Axl, even a teensy, tiny, toaty wee bit?

Sky Dog wrote:

edit...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I dont' see this "magic" that others are talking about. Just because Robin stumbles around like a  drunken sailor on stage doesn't mean it equates to "magic" or chemistry.

This.

Board footer