You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

buzzsaw wrote:
killingvector wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:

If Myles is performing it's a total disaster and I will at once jump RIGHT onto Axl's side and agree with him. I'm telling you.

Stay the fuck away Myles, you got less to do there than Josh Freese.

Axl did this to himself.  It didn't have to be this way.

I don't think he did.

Slash and Adler could have kept their mouths shut.

Slash and Duff could have kept their lawyers in check.

LOL.  Okay.  That's one opinion.  22

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Myles singing tonight sounds like Slash is using this as a business op.

Personally, I'd rather hear Kid Rock b/c I know that he has played with both sides of this equation and, thus, is a neutral party and not a walking, cacophonous advert for Slash's solo album. Plus Myles is a terrible, terrible singer. His voice has the cheese of Rod Jackson, a sound that is now fossilized goo turning to oil under the earth's surface.

Axl could have easily prevented Myles from singing.  5

There's no way Slash is going to use this platform to play songs off his solo album.  This will be a GnR tribute fronted by the best option they could find on short notice.  We'd all prefer it was Axl, but Axl didn't want to do it.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I don't think Axl cares that Myles is singing.

As an observer, Myles is such a cheeseball touch.

Sure, Slash won't play one of his songs, but this is vehicle to promote the Slash N' Myles album from this day forward. God help anyone who buys those songs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
killingvector wrote:

God help anyone who buys those songs.

See, at least I score a Catch 22 there; I have to buy the songs because I lost the best to gibbo, but I still win because I don't have to listen to the songs 16

Speaking of which, I have no clue... when does the Slash record even come out?

may22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
killingvector wrote:

See, at least I score a Catch 22 there; I have to buy the songs because I lost the best to gibbo, but I still win because I don't have to listen to the songs 16

I get that you don't like Myles or whatever, but wouldn't you agree  that"God help anyone who buys those songs" is a little strong?  Some people actually like it.  I'm on the fence, but can't support people implying the world is going to end by buying a Slash and Myles song.  Just don't buy it if you don't want to...except you Russ...you have to buy one anyway.  wink

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
gibbo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

may22

Ok cool. I don't know if you saw my post a few dozen pages back, but I need you to PM me your shipping info and let me know what version you want.

i was gonna get the one with the bonus tracks on it but it cost a bit more

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

So by reading a few posts.  I can se that Axl not going is not appreciated and at the same time Izzy not going makes him cool and a bad ass.  Why the double standard?

Because in theory, people think it's because of Axl's antics. Axl makes a scene, Izzy - the flat down scared dog that he is, runs.

And therefore, he is well excused and still super cool.

In reality, that theory holds as much credibility as

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3448/3363 … c90f4e.jpg

Of course it's a lot more complicated than that, and Izzy got his own reasons.

This is not true.

Here's the reason Izzy is the man and Axl isn't.

IZZY is not coming because of the ACTUAL HALL of FAME, and all of that bullshit.

Axl is not coming because of Slash, and Axl being a pussy. All that thinly veiled bullshit about "the hall not making the pussy be welcomed", is just that -- crap.

Otherwise Axl wouldn't have made a point to bring up the members, ask for his name to be removed from the induction, and specifically take a swipe at Steven AND Matt AND leave a picture of the 2009-12 GN'R as a bonus picture to go with the letter.

Axl's not coming because Slash will be there, and he wanted some of the new Guns in the Hall (what a joke, if nobody "Gets" why this is, they need to take the bottle out of their mouths).

Izzy's not coming because Izzy just doesn't do this kinda stuff. Izzy is a total throwback. BUT I will agree it would've been cool if he man'ed up for the fans, and showed. All of those great solo albums of his we buy -- is because he was a GUNS N' ROSES member.

If Axl Rose had wrote a letter like Izzy's and left it at that, I swear to God I would not be giving him the shit today that I am. But no, the pussy actually talked TOO much, and shot his own self in the foot. He revealed his true reasons, while blaming the Hall. roll

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I get that you don't like Myles or whatever, but wouldn't you agree  that"God help anyone who buys those songs" is a little strong?  Some people actually like it.  I'm on the fence, but can't support people implying the world is going to end by buying a Slash and Myles song.  Just don't buy it if you don't want to...except you Russ...you have to buy one anyway.  wink

Perhaps it is a little strong, but judging the snippets released this week, it is going to be more of the same.

As you can tell, I am not a Myles fan. I was not a Rod Jackson fan either.  Saw both of them live and almost wretched to hear them try a G&R song.

That being said, given a decent singer, Slash can shine. I loved the Adam Levine track, the Wolfmother track, and, of course, some of the Weiland/VR material.

Myles though is really tacky choice not only for the Hall but also the solo record.

Board footer