You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Van Halen Discussion

Damn! That's rough! Sorry to hear that Russ. You deserve to see them live and in top form. This is quite dreadful news.  Hoping this isn't permanent and they can work something out. They have to make it up. The fans deserve something.  I was getting quite hopeful that the tour would stretch out towards mid October or even do some more gigs after all the holidays. It seemed like the boys were getting along from all those interviews and the energy on stage. Everything was going great! Why stop now?  Can't they all just deal with each other for 2 hours, put on a show with a good set, and then leave on their respective buses.

Me_Wise_Magic

Axlin12 wrote:

Like the article said... it was only a matter of time.

I think the writer also jumps the gun on the Aerosmith thing too. Aerosmith might be ready to rock, and "feeling 20" again, but all it takes is dragging on the road, Steven hitting the Oxy, bitching at Joe, and BOOM.... cancellations.

Makes a full-blown successful GN'R reunion look like some sort of "second coming of Jesus" moment in rock if it were to ever last.

Agreed! This is ridiculous! Every fan of VH deserves to live their dream of seeing them live. We earned this tour by sticking by all the constant singer changes, drama, and various albums over the past several years. These guys were doing everything right. Wolfgang throw me a bone here man!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Most of the hardcores will probably just right it off as "well it wasn't an actual reunion album anyways". But they'll be pissed as hell in their hearts.

Me_Wise_Magic

I loved the album. Even though Mike will always be irreplaceable as a true and essential member to the dynamic in Van Halen, Wolf stepped up to the plate and helped craft a great VH record that had that heavy rock sound that people wanted. He even was a big influence on the set itself. Assisting on vocal duties with great energy & shredding on bass to the max while Dave was entertaining the crowd and being Diamond Dave. He even kept each member in line and helped organize the rehearsals. This is the best Eddie has played in years and Alex never missed a beat and will always be one of the greats!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not shocked obviously.  But it does suck.  A Different Kind of Truth is a kick ass record.  Seems like it's back to square one now.

Me_Wise_Magic

It feels like the whole new brother or moving forward into the future with more speed no drag that Dave & Eddie mentioned back in 07/08 was all for not. Seems like it was just getting the album out there and trying to get a good amount of shows in to please the fans after quite a wait was the main objective. Hoping it wasn't all about money and putting up with each other as long as they could wasn't the complete mindset for some of the guys.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Read over at www.vhlinks.com

Here is a rundown of what I people at Live Nation have told me.

1. The Band is getting along just fine. They don't spend enough actual time with each other to be at each others throats.

2. There will be an explanation for the postponement soon.

That is it.

Me_Wise_Magic

Thanks for the update dude. Much obliged.

faldor

faldor wrote:

No problem.  Needless to say, they're freaking out over on that board.  Deservedly so.  It does seem like a strange situation.  If things were so bad within the band, could they last until July?  Same thing if it was health related.  Slow ticket sales or lack of a profit would seem to make the most sense.  They hardly ever admit to those types of things though.  I remember last time they toured, the second leg of dates sold much less than the first.  Could be the same case this time around and maybe they want to cut it off before it even gets started.  Who knows though.  The next few shows should be interesting.  I'm sure Dave won't be able to keep quiet and not address it onstage.

Me_Wise_Magic

True! Hoping it all boils down to ticket sales or promotion of the tour.

Board footer