You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy sounds better than Axl. Axl sounds like a sick cat.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The 1993 version is just so badass I expect him to hit all those notes, and he simply can't.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just watched illusions era versions of these songs. They need to play new shit, cause if you watch those old clips these new ones are a huge let down on these two songs. Axl's power then was nuts.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

yep....nobody wants to talk about the music....sad, because those 2 videos kick ass. Pisses me off....

Speaks volumes as to how "exciting" it really is no?

Great quality videos for sure. Izzy sounds great on 14 Years. The band looked bored as fuck during Dead Flowers though

Axl sounded ok. The problem with Axl's voice these days for me is what was so appealing back in the day was he had this insane amount of venom in his voice even when singing ballads. That just isn't there anymore. Like I said he sounds ok but I just have to be honest not much of a fan of that mickey mouse sound and then when he does get back to the familiar Axl sound the venom I talked about isn't there.  he's 50 though so...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It's tough to see bono. He gets pitchy as fuck in the Micky mouse voice too...  So not only does he sound weak, he is out of key. It has good moments, don't get me wrong.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The power bono and I speak of. Man, he was a total badass back then.[youtube]BTMb34GXFog&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Sky Dog wrote:

1993 was the best he ever sounded in my opinion. However, the thread, again, is about the London show and I think the videos I posted kick some ass for a guy who is 20 fuckin' years older. He sounds perfectly fine to me for his age and for the type of music he sings.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

That is fair skydagas, but someone on here is bound to say that is the greatest performance ever of Dead Flowers. Just like some proclaimed Rock in Rio was his greatest performance of Estranged ever. It's good for 50. Bad when compared to his prime.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Are they still releasing a pro shot of this show

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That is fair skydagas, but someone on here is bound to say that is the greatest performance ever of Dead Flowers. Just like some proclaimed Rock in Rio was his greatest performance of Estranged ever. It's good for 50. Bad when compared to his prime.

not bad, just different. Axl is 70's Elvis now. A different performer than he was 20 years ago. Whatcha think Russ? 16

Board footer