You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Sky Dog wrote:

and Bono never got any better than this....it is sad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw2Yj5xtkLE

I guess he should have just quit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think Intercourse is right in that this group is going to be compared to the past forever, no matter what. Even if they reunited tomorrow and went tour with a perfect set list, we'd all be comparing the band to themselves 25-30 years ago.

When I first heard this version of 14 Years, I was indifferent to how Axl sang it. As I said before, I was more disappointed in Izzy completely messing up the second verse.

That's not what was being said though. From the very start of this thread (the same) people were acting like Axl was a disaster, which wasn't the case.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think Dead Flowers sounded great as it suits his modern voice, 14 years not as much.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think as ive posted before we r so happy to get "something " after years of nothing we refuse to really listen and we overlook blatant mediocrity

No trolling i can show u old posts of mine on Bon Jovi forum where it was a fandom love fest and i took him to task for being on cruise control neutering richie and singin in a sifferent key and octave.  They raved how amazing he sounded and i had to call bullshit. This tour he is not on point.

Give me a break on that 2and a half 3on hr shit. With all guitar solos breaks and oxygen tent stints he may be onstage just slightly over half the show. Lets b honest here

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think Intercourse is right in that this group is going to be compared to the past forever, no matter what. Even if they reunited tomorrow and went tour with a perfect set list, we'd all be comparing the band to themselves 25-30 years ago.

When I first heard this version of 14 Years, I was indifferent to how Axl sang it. As I said before, I was more disappointed in Izzy completely messing up the second verse.

That's not what was being said though. From the very start of this thread (the same) people were acting like Axl was a disaster, which wasn't the case.

I said Axl sounded fine!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He was pitchy as hell dogggg.....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

BUZZ SAID HE SOUNDED FINE!!!

Really, the only songs his voice really suffers to me is SCOM, which hasn't been properly sung since 1989. Even his rasp in 2006 was off. And if it weren't for the screams LALD it would be completely embarrassing. He didn't even sing it that high in 2002. And the one song that sounds fantastic with the high voice (Madagascar) the bastard REFUSES to sing it that way. Go figure.

Sky Dog wrote:

"What fraternity would pledge a man like Axl? He's a god damn disgrace!" 16

"You're all worthless and weak. Now, drop and give me 20!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dy2fo6E_pI

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

and Bono never got any better than this....it is sad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw2Yj5xtkLE

I guess he should have just quit.

Bono's voice was killer back then. His falsettos on the Zoo TV tour though were incredible.  Bono's voice in 2012  isn't cringe worthy nearly as often as Axl's.  Nobody sings as good in their 50's as they did in their 20's BUT the qualities in Axl's voice that made the songs so killer aren't there anymore. Bono's voice hasnt' had the drastic change Axl's has and that's a fact. Nobody accuses Bono of sounding like Mickey Mouse and they don't think he sounds like a bad imitation of himself the way many view Axl so.....

the sad thing is the people who were amaizng singers tend to suffer more later in life when it comes to performance. Look at Anthony Kiedis, he's never been a  great singer and he sounds pretty much the same today. Dave Pirner from Soul Asylum never had a typically good singing voice but in 2012 he sounds actually better in many ways.

When you have more to lose it's more noticeable when you do.

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:

16 Guess people just have to say they like something they don't to make you happy. Gives a little insight to how you maybe approach things.  Again just losing your mind because people don't like what you like.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Is it a stretch that Slash has improved and Axl has gone backwards?

Board footer