You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

No way Izzy is going to pay 30 grand to show up and play with Myles, man. Just not going to happen.

Izzy just didn't dig the scene.  He's probably much more comfortable to doing his deal with Axl.

And Izzy was supposed to play with GN'R in Miami, or Orlando BEFORE the HOF, but couldn't make it.

This mother fucking post all the way to the mother fucking top of the mountain -- AGREED.

I cannot get the Slash blow hards that just do not get this.

Izzy was not purposely chosen to "put a pacifier on the mouths of the old band blow hards".

So i'm gonna bold the rest of this...

AXL NEVER WANTED TO LOSE IZZY TO BEGIN WITH!!!

Axl tried all the way up through 2001 (confirmed by Izzy in an interview) to bring him back into Guns N' Roses. He just could not find a replacement. Richard Fortus was actually brought in as the SECOND LEAD GUITARIST. Paul Huge was never intended to stay on full time -- ever.

So who does that leave?

By 2006 Izzy became a recurring special guest band member in GN'R.

Axl confirmed Izzy was supposed to open the 2011 North American tour with Guns, and for undisclosed reasons didn't make it.

BEFORE THE ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME

But that's okay, keep believing this was Izzy spitting in the face of the fans across the world who were all sitting with baited breath waiting to see that one 1993 German show version of GN'R with Myles Kennedy on lead.

Based on the history of GN'R over the past 10 years, and the information we have, Axl had always wanted Izzy back in GN'R. Izzy doesn't want to be back in GN'R, or ANY band full-time. Even Slash couldn't lock him down for VR.

Izzy has stayed with his ROOTS and the band that made him a star, because he's back on good terms with Axl, and the GN'R gig pays good. So Izzy does a few shows here and there, and possibly (for all we know) is a FULL TIME studio band member. WE DON'T KNOW.

But what we do know is, this is NOT Izzy spitting on fans. This is NOT Izzy spitting on Slash.

There's alot of revisionist history going on right now, and people are forgetting that Izzy has been Axl's "Designated Hitter" for years because IZZY doesn't want to play in the field anymore. Knees are too beat up.

Nothing has changed. I do not get all of the sore assholes needing ice among the Slash hardcores.

Why was Izzy mother fucking cool in 2006, now he's a piece of shit for fulfilling the same role that Axl had him locked down for before they were ever even nominated for the Rock Hall?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Why was Izzy mother fucking cool in 2006, now he's a piece of shit for fulfilling the same role that Axl had him locked down for before they were ever even nominated for the Rock Hall?

Izzy is till cool, people just aren't happy with his actions. Also if people can't figure out the difference between 2006 and 2012 they'll never figure it out. Clearly the RRHOF  and how it played out meant entirely different things to different people but the fact the people  who keep asking why Izzy was cool then and not now can't figure out that it has to do with the extenuating circumstances surrounding the RRHOF is a fucking joke. Think what you want about the RRHOF and how it played out but I'm sick of some people throwing their common sense out the window. It's incredibly obvious why some have an issue with Izzy's actions in 2012 as opposed to 2006.

Sky Dog wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Because in the end, Axl and Izzy are tighter than Izzy and the rest....that's it. They started the band together, they are old school buddies. It is pretty f'n obvious.

I would say at this point it seems Izzy is tightest with Duff.  Duff has played on his last few albums, and it was Duff that Izzy went to to get his statement released.

I think Izzy no showing the hall of fame is no more complicated than "If it's not gonna be everybody what's the point."

Lots of us (myself included) feel differently than that, but I think that's where his head was at.

yea, kinda agree. Duff and Izzy are in the middle of the the camps. And, agree that Izzy no showing at the rrhof was as simple as no full reunion, no point. There is...

Slash------------Duff/Izzy--------------------Axl    16

and let's not forget way down here....

Popcorn....who is in his own little fantasyland. tongue

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I read your post, I know what you're saying, but Izzy wasn't going to lift a finger to play with a Myles fronted GN'R.

Yet he's ok with playing with Richard, Ashba, Bumble and Tommy?

Yeah, because it's playing with Axl at a concert. Not playing an original GN'R lineup gig sans Axl, where it was going to be a circus and a soap opera.

I'm really starting to think, not you monkey, but some of the anger seems to be that Izzy denied people of having a unified front of GN'R against Axl. And showing up with Axl kind of blows that out of the water.

If Izzy isn't comfortable with the HOF in the first place, why would he go if it's not going to be a real reunion gig?

It seems like people have made this more about the fans than the HOF has ever been. Especially in the last year, when we never even talked about the thing, let alone how suddenly important it is.

And I do believe it comes down to Izzy being much tighter with Axl than the rest of the guys.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Nothing has changed. I do not get all of the sore assholes needing ice among the Slash hardcores.

Unfair and an over simplification. I never mentioned Slash anywhere in what I said...I could give two fucks about their relationships with each other today either...or which type of  'ite' people call me.

Duff asked the old band to consider doing do the hall for the FANS.

Axl & Dizzy said No..no surprise and no degree in politics needed to understand why...

BUT

Slash said yes
Stephen said yes
Gilby said yes
Matt said yes

and....

Izzy said....NO

He was asked by the nicest man in GNR to do it for one reason....US FANS... and he wasn't arsed.

Duff's plea didn't matter enough to get him passed whatever  conceptions he has about the hall, his relationship with the alumni of the original band or the press...

I rest my case...

misterID

misterID wrote:

The event was becoming less about the fans every day, especially from the moment Axl said he wasn't coming. Izzy said he sat back and watched how things were playing out and he obviously didn't like what he saw and didn't feel the event was for the fans. Perhaps there was something symbolic about having all of them there except Axl that he didn't want to be a part of. It was becoming a circus the moment Steven opened his mouth and proved ALL of our fears correct that he was going to do something stupid and blow any chance of anything happening.

Izzy being there would have definitely fuled the anger towards Axl even more. Izzy not showing up kind of took the air out of the hate that was building, imo. Maybe that was intentional.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Come on...steven didn't blow shit...as if Axl would have done it if Steven had just been quiet....no chance in hell.

Sky Dog wrote:

come on Monkey, he certainly played a role in it...from Ax's letter

1. Since then we've listened to fans, talked with members of the board of the Hall Of Fame, communicated with and read various public comments and jabs from former members of Guns N' Roses

2.  In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed.

3. Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in '06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned.

4.There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Steven wasn't the sole reason but he clearly played a part.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

come on Monkey, he certainly played a role in it...from Ax's letter

1. Since then we've listened to fans, talked with members of the board of the Hall Of Fame, communicated with and read various public comments and jabs from former members of Guns N' Roses

2.  In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed.

3. Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in '06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned.

4.There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

Steven wasn't the sole reason but he clearly played a part.

I read it all as Axl making excuses for the real reason he no-showed.  It wasn't Steven.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It was definitely part of the reason, he knew he'd have a Blondie moment. If he got cold feet when the reality of being in the same room with Slash hit him, then Steven definitely gave him an easy way out.

Steven was deifinitely NOT the sole reason, but was a reason.

And right there, Axl leaves the door open...

If a reunion does happen for a one off show, I won't be shocked if it doesn't include Steven.

Board footer