You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: When's Album?

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

plus, if he gets dropped from the label, we may actually get more music.

A label like Roadrunner would bust a nut for whatever he has. He's shown he's not opposed to spending his own dime on recording, either...

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

plus, if he gets dropped from the label, we may actually get more music.

I think the opposite. Axl needs labels to fund his extremely expensive recordings. Knowing his working habits and preferences, no way he could afford (or would want) to  pay from his own pocket for his albums. He missed the enormous marketing campaign so much after CD - he could have paid for it, if it was so important for him, but he chose not to.

Axl is not an indie artist. He wants money and fame and huge labels to serve him - but he hates it when he'd need to do even a little thing in exchange. That's where a lot of his problems are coming from.

Agree with some. However, I think he is more reasonable now. Honestly, I think the Chinese shit really turned him. He already has a lot of money so I don't think that is as important as some of you do. He will always have a steady stream of cash.

They are touring on their own right now....doing it their way. He seems to really be embracing the independent thing. No manager, no label support...doing it on his own. It MAY rub off on the new music. You also have to remember that his bandmates, which he seems very happy with, are indie artists as well so they could be a pretty big influence. wink

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Ron needs to keep telling Axl that idea he told some fans a few months back. It could work out both for the fans and the band itself! Axl needs to use his Black Frog label and just go independent after he finishes his touring and other deals with UMG.

I think his contract with the label is more complicated than most people realize. It may be that even if he left the label that he couldn't release the music that he recorded while under contract with the label, it's happened to others and it may be the case with Axl as well.

Me_Wise_Magic

This point exactly. It is a strong possibility that I think alot of us have been pondering. Axl might have a contract that is too deep into the label that is hard to escape or release any kind of music without being penalized for it.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

If Axl does what Robert Smith does he could be made. Like Ax, Smith owns his band The Cure, he records albums that he pays for then negotiates distribution deals with labels.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

He missed the enormous marketing campaign so much after CD - he could have paid for it, if it was so important for him, but he chose not to.

What he would do independently could be different to what he does under the label deal though. Why would he spend his own money to market CD when the label is going to get the lion share of the rewards? Artists spend their own money marketing when they've made the record independently and will be the ones who make the money when it sells.

I'd guess though, if GNR owes the label a record, then anything recorded prior to the release of that is owned by the label, so Axl wouldn't even be able to go solo until he finished up his contract.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep......

LuanVictor
 Rep: 0 

LuanVictor wrote:

Well, should be nothing, but the post on the forum where the rumors of The Legend Of The Red Panda originated has been edited. Noting that all started in October 2011.

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/m5115242.aspx

Ronnie Rees? LOL

Me_Wise_Magic

The pics are fake and shopped. Not sure if the title is legit or not. We'll just have to wait and see. This previous post provides no sufficient information.

Board footer