You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Most Recent Movie You've Seen

misterID wrote:

It doesn't look very good in the trailer. The graphics look like crap, from what I can tell. That was the one Marvel franchise that didn't need a reboot.

Just watched The Reader last night. So, so good. I can't believe it took me this long to get around to watching it.

Lomax wrote:

I thought it was a lot better than the other 3.

They should have made it 10 years ago

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

The Amazing Spider-Man   

It sucked. The end.

I have a friend who's a huge Spider-Man fan and he thought it wasn't very good at all.

Every review I've heard has been positive.

My brother and I both thought it sucked and based on overhearing a  few comments from others as we left the theatre they also thought it sucked.  I won't be seeing another Spider-Man in the theatre and it's very obvious they've set it up for another.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

What didn't you like about it, Bono? I liked it, but I'm curious as to why you didn't.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Ted was hysterical and overall great film! Loved the cameos! big_smile

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Rex wrote:

What didn't you like about it, Bono? I liked it, but I'm curious as to why you didn't.

It was a matter of been there done that. Almost identical story as the first Spider-Man with minor differences. Terrible story and the interaction between Stone and Garfield was as aweful and awkward as Toby and Kristen Dunst. Overall it was a pointless movie that added nothing from the Toby McGuirre movies and I thought those were garbage to begin with. Plus I thought it was fucking stupid that

Hidden Text:

his ability to shoot webs was reliant upon a  mechanical device he created

so......

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Stacey wrote:

I'm probably the only one in this joint who has seen Magic Mike, lol. It was good for what it was. I don't think anyone was going for a hard hitting plot. It did tug at your heart strings a little, lol.

Ted was good. Russ liked it more than I did but I did find it very funny.

We watched The Town recently at home, which was AWESOME.

I watched The Vow on Monday night at home and that was great until the very end, but that didn't ruin the movie for me.

We rented Gone last night and that was also good but slightly annoying. The lies the main character tells to get around are really annoying.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Bono wrote:
Rex wrote:

It was a matter of been there done that. Almost identical story as the first Spider-Man with minor differences. Terrible story and the interaction between Stone and Garfield was as aweful and awkward as Toby and Kristen Dunst. Overall it was a pointless movie that added nothing from the Toby McGuirre movies and I thought those were garbage to begin with. Plus I thought it was fucking stupid that

Hidden Text:

his ability to shoot webs was reliant upon a  mechanical device he created

so......

The web shooters were probably fanservice more than anything, since that's how he got around in the comics. I could see where you're coming from, since when I was watching all I could think was, "How is he gonna get his powers," or "What happens to Uncle Ben this time?"

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I am thinking about seeing Ted, but I will probably wait until it comes to cable.  I'm cheap and it doesn't look THAT interesting to me.  I have to drive about 45 minutes from home to get to a movie theater anyway, so we don't go often.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Buzz, I would recommend catching it on DVD, netflix or on demand if it's that kind of a distance. It's a great comedy, not something you would rush to the theater in anticipation.

Board footer