You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

Ali wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You know there aren't many diehards left.  If they tried to cater to them, Axl couldn't even meet payroll.  As personal as we make this a lot of times, it is a business.

I hear you. I'm not under the impression that out of a crowd of 10'000 you got 2 or 3000 diehard-forum-fans. It's prolly such a small number I'd rather not guess! smile

But to cater to us diehards, it's not like they (GNR) need to make the shows totally uninteresting for the avarage rockfan. Rotating two or three new songs would be enough (at least for me). That is, if the plan is to tour off and on for even more years to come with no plans to release a new album.

With so few albums in their backcatalogue, there is a limit for how many world tours they can pull off without alienating the diehards. And as the years go on, even rabid Axlites like me are starting to see the pattern!  smile

And comments from Ashba & Co about awesome new songs, writing new tunes, going into the studio during the next months are worth jack shit. The boys who cried wolf....

My general view of this Vegas-thing is that these sort of shows are what you do if you are Celine Dion or Tom Jones or what ever. From reading the posts in this thread, it might not be totally accurate. I didn't know about Mötley and Prince etc.

So we'll see how it turns out.

But if my fears turn into reality, I'm outta here! At least for the forseeable future....

It's more than just Motley or Prince.  I'm no country fan, but Tim McGraw had a very successful co-headlining tour this summer and has consistently been a big draw for many years and he and his wife, Faith Hill, are doing a Vegas residency.  The perception that this is something only old, washed-up acts do is flawed.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

When was the last time Tim McGraw or Faith Hill had a huge record?  Or Motley or Prince for that matter?  I think the only thing flawed is your view of GnR.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This is Vegas folks, this will be a nice vanilla show to bring in the tourists. No rare cuts, no deep cuts, no shit to piss of the low attention span, hawaian shirt brigade. BUT we might get more UYI material with that in mind.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

This is Vegas folks, this will be a nice vanilla show to bring in the tourists. No rare cuts, no deep cuts, no shit to piss of the low attention span, hawaian shirt brigade. BUT we might get more UYI material with that in mind.

If that's the case then Axl shouldn't have a ton of instrumental solos in the set like he usually does. Those solos are a quick way to lose the interest of people with low attention spans.

Sky Dog wrote:

you're going to get the same show....don't kid yourself.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

My guess is it will be exactly the same sets as the UCaP Tour, which is good by me.

The add suggests there will be at least something different:

"Each night, the band will perform an electrifying show featuring a set list created exclusively for The Joint."

Although maybe that means they change the order or something.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I would love to hear Used to Love Her, You're Crazy, Oh My God, Dead Horse, Yesterdays, the usual songs, take out a few jams maybe Dizzy's piano solo and I can't decide on which guitar solo to take out cause I like hearing them personally, and put in a few new songs that haven't been played yet. That's all I want! But...yeah doubt it will happen though.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer