You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

Personally if they are doing all these shows in a row in the same area, then they are bound to change it up abit. It would get extremely boring for them and the concert goers if they did the same routine. Bust out some new tracks or deep cuts from UYI, Spaghetti, etc etc.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Somewhat along the lines of what Russ is saying, my bet would be that Axl's comments actually pertain more to watching them decorate and brand the venue than anything musical that he's taking a direct hand in.

And I truly doubt that they'll change the setlist list up from night to night any more than they already do, which means pretty much a small handful of alts that get swapped in and out.

Though is there's a god, they'll take Dizzy's solo away.

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

Here's my guess:

The blow up AFD beast along with the Chinese head and hand make a come back.

Same stage set up as last tour, pretty much same set list as last tour.

If so, that's totally fine by me.

Fine by me too. Hopefully they sell that new shirt design they were starting to sell on the website for the membership owners too.  I just want to hear some tracks that I know Axl & the boys could pull off like Oh My God, Dead Horse, and Yesterdays would sound great with this band! I hope they do another pay per view online event again.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 287 

Aussie wrote:

Haha good. Call Russ.

Nothing could be as tedious as the Matt Sorum drum solos from the UYI tour tho.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...I really like Matt...but the whole concept of a drum solo is kinda dull...unless you do something tommy lee like and break out a rollercoster or fly rig or something...and even then...lol....

Man this shit makes me jealous of you kids in the usa that can just pop over for this event though.

I'm thinking we'll get a mix - on one hand it can't be too different just cos there's not much else to do - if they're going to make it an AFD/CD show we have to at least have a similar AFD list as we've had. On the other hand it does look like they're planning to do something kinda different - so I'm expecting maybe they'll break out a couple of rare-these-days UYI tracks like DTJ or something.

If you think about it...that song is begging for it. It's all solo - so there's plenty of room to let the 3 guitarists have a play date...and Axl's part is minimal - so it's an easy rest for him compared to shit like YCBM that's punishing vocally. Amazed it's not already in the set.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Elvis Presley Vs. The Monster of Soul (Soul Monster), Russ!! 5 What better way to bust a new song like that; but in Vegas! Good remarks from both of you guys! DTJ and Down on the Farm would be really cool to hear with the suggestions I already mentioned. 14 years was quite a fun surprise to be shown during the last tour. I would love to hear If The World and TWAT again if somebody posts footage and audio of the performances. 9 I do like Ron's Glad to Be Here song for his spotlight solo from Abnormal. Hoping to pick up that album soon after some of my other music comes in or when I need to download tracks!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer