You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

'appetite for democracy' is such a stupid thing to say. Ffs. Wtf is that even meant to mean? Some pro-democracy/rock the vote type tripe?!
Get in the ring. That's a cool name for a tour banner. Appetite for democracy has no balls. Confused & lazy, in a sense it's a perfectly shitty slogan for this band.

I think the point is to celebrate the entire history of the band, from AFD to CD.  Of course, cue the obvious.  But this isn't the old band, etc., etc.  I get it.  Hey, maybe the AFD lineup will show up and rip through the album front to back one night. 21 Ok, maybe not.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slashba, heheh.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I've never been into strip joints for whatever reason.

They're really more fun when single so as not to make a partner feel there's a comparison of any kind going on.

(Hey, I don't want my girl looking at nude model guys then writing a 'compare and contrast' type essay against my abs and..er...other parts..so I can only imagine how they must feel back with the pressure to look hollywood etc)

However...while I get that some people like to touch and so it's too frustrating....I'll say when single I've enjoyed looking for it's own sake.

It will sound silly but I find the shape of women so intriguing, almost from a design sense, there's a beauty in the form - which of course makes you think of sex - but there's also sort of an aesthetic value to me. 

It's like looking at a sunsrt skyline, or a maybe the lines of a precision car like a porsche or something like that. Obviously I know the women are more than that - don't mean to be calling them objects like cars - I'm just saying there's a physical design beauty in itself to them that I can appreciate even if I know I'm not going to be partaking in any of the obvious sexual encounters that come to mind when seeing such sights.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

You're not taking to feminist groups man, we know what you mean!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Like James Lofton, when you go away for a long time it's hard to get back into knowing what's going on.

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris for finally after YEARS of loyal, professional, and fantastic job performance that they FINALLY have been promoted and had their likenesses used in association with GN'R.

FINALLY! Hopefully this is a signal that they will actually use the Guns N' Roses the band for something towards the future other than playing Indian princesses coming out parties for fucking millionaires.

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

'appetite for democracy' is such a stupid thing to say. Ffs. Wtf is that even meant to mean? Some pro-democracy/rock the vote type tripe?!
Get in the ring. That's a cool name for a tour banner. Appetite for democracy has no balls. Confused & lazy, in a sense it's a perfectly shitty slogan for this band.

I think the point is to celebrate the entire history of the band, from AFD to CD.  Of course, cue the obvious.  But this isn't the old band, etc., etc.  I get it.  Hey, maybe the AFD lineup will show up and rip through the album front to back one night. 21 Ok, maybe not.

i get it. it's just a pussy, unethical, lazy & uninspired banner. & another betrayal of core values of what GnR once was.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Don't see the problem with the banner.

Dust and Bones tour, Get in the Ring Tour, they all played with a song lyrics - this is just blending album titles and if anything from my perspective it's healthy that there's at least some reference to it being the modern era.

I'd find it more annoying if it was "GNR come to vegas to play the whole of their classic album AFD" like how they "returned to the ritz" as if it was the original line up.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Just had another read of the blurb:

"Each night, the band will perform an electrifying show featuring a set list created exclusively for The Joint. Appetite for Democracy will span the band’s biggest hits from their debut album Appetite for Destruction (1987) through their platinum-selling record Chinese Democracy (2008). Exact details about the show are being kept under wraps but fans can expect the raw and gritty heavy metal Guns N’ Roses is known for along with a few surprise elements. Produced exclusively by AEG Live, Appetite for Democracy is unlike any show the band has ever done before or will ever do again."

That's some pretty big and pretty exciting promises to put out there.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

Just had another read of the blurb:

"Each night, the band will perform an electrifying show featuring a set list created exclusively for The Joint. Appetite for Democracy will span the band’s biggest hits from their debut album Appetite for Destruction (1987) through their platinum-selling record Chinese Democracy (2008). Exact details about the show are being kept under wraps but fans can expect the raw and gritty heavy metal Guns N’ Roses is known for along with a few surprise elements. Produced exclusively by AEG Live, Appetite for Democracy is unlike any show the band has ever done before or will ever do again."

That's some pretty big and pretty exciting promises to put out there.

It better be both big and exciting! 16 Sounds like a cool concept overall despite the name.

Board footer