You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

Bono wrote:

They were talking about these shows on my local radio station yesterday. They were having contest where the winner gets airfare and hotel, $1000 spending cash and two tickets to the show. Not sure which one. Anyways the dj's were pretty pumped about it BUT they did not acknowledge them as Guns N Roses. They called them Guns but numerous times made a point of saying it's just Axl and a bunch of guys so not really Guns. They went on and on saying how it's gonna be a great show BUT there's no Slash so it's not Guns N' Roses. AND get this, the guy who won felt the same. Said he looked forward to it cause he's never seen Axl but he said it's not like he's actually gonna get to see Guns N' Roses. That kinda bugs me. Hardcores should win this stuff, not casuals.

Anyways there was nothing negative said by anyone on the radio other than it's not Guns N' Roses. I thought it was cool they were offering this as a prize.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Oh and yeah I've heard the promo for this IN Vegas has been pretty crazy

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

the promo art still kinda bugs me but I certainly wouldn't mind going to one of these. I am refinancing my house and may have some spare change.....mmmmmmm.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Bono wrote:

They were talking about these shows on my local radio station yesterday. They were having contest where the winner gets airfare and hotel, $1000 spending cash and two tickets to the show. Not sure which one. Anyways the dj's were pretty pumped about it BUT they did not acknowledge them as Guns N Roses. They called them Guns but numerous times made a point of saying it's just Axl and a bunch of guys so not really Guns. They went on and on saying how it's gonna be a great show BUT there's no Slash so it's not Guns N' Roses. AND get this, the guy who won felt the same. Said he looked forward to it cause he's never seen Axl but he said it's not like he's actually gonna get to see Guns N' Roses. That kinda bugs me. Hardcores should win this stuff, not casuals.

Anyways there was nothing negative said by anyone on the radio other than it's not Guns N' Roses. I thought it was cool they were offering this as a prize.

I paid for my ticket, but that's how I'm looking at it too.  I'm sure they will put on a show I'll enjoy, and I have no issues with any of the guys in the band, but it will never really be guns for me and that's ok.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

the promo art still kinda bugs me but I certainly wouldn't mind going to one of these. I am refinancing my house and may have some spare change.....mmmmmmm.

The Nov 17th show promises to be interesting.  smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I highly recommend the Wednesday, November 7th show seeing as buzzsaw and I will be in attendance!

That's what I meant.  Apparently I don't even know when I'm going.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer