You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Walking Dead

misterID wrote:

Oh, I don't have a problem with building up drama, etc. The problem is what you're talking about: The Soap Opera moments. But it's that on top of nothing happening. The prison is a great example where they're doing both; building up drama and tension.

And I think the last episode was one of the best of the series, btw.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

SAG shouldn't have given the writers a new black guy until they had demonstrated they had already figured out how to use their old one. wink T-Dog was such a ridiculously wasted character with a ridiculous name. I'd be kind of pissed if I were the actor.

Glad to see Lori gone, though they need to get rid of the baby next, or we're going to stray back into soap opera territory again. Would LOVE to see Lori one more time as a ghoul.

S3 is by FAR the best season so far, hope it keeps up like this.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

Oh, I don't have a problem with building up drama, etc. The problem is what you're talking about: The Soap Opera moments. But it's that on top of nothing happening. The prison is a great example where they're doing both; building up drama and tension.

And I think the last episode was one of the best of the series, btw.

I didn't think it was one of the best; but it was a pretty awesome and intense episode overall. And..I agree on smoke's comments. T-Dog's character could of been better developed. Wish they put Tyreese from the comics instead. Got to the start of finding the Prison in the comics recently. Season 3 has topped most of Season 2 and all of Season 1 and we are only 4 episodes in. Damn good accomplishment for the cast, writers, and crew.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Well it can't be all non stop action all the time. You have to bring some of the story elements together. I'm glad they decided to keep a balance; but not overload an episode with soap opera drama like some of the episodes of last season. haha...good point on T-Dog. I had a strong feeling he was going sooner or later this season. Michonne...What A Woman!!

Yeah, I dunno what it is about Michonne, but goddamn do I want her. 11

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Well it can't be all non stop action all the time. You have to bring some of the story elements together. I'm glad they decided to keep a balance; but not overload an episode with soap opera drama like some of the episodes of last season. haha...good point on T-Dog. I had a strong feeling he was going sooner or later this season. Michonne...What A Woman!!

Yeah, I dunno what it is about Michonne, but goddamn do I want her. 11

Get in line good sir! 16

misterID

misterID wrote:

A bit meh about the last episode. But next weeks looks good.

And what the fuck happened to Carol? No one's even trying to look for her? Goddamn, what is it with this group where if a woman falls behind they just say, "oh well. We got PLENTY!"

smoke

smoke wrote:

No one looking for Carol was just plain weird. Also, that was zombie Lori in the room right? I thought that was pretty obvious. Why did Rick go apeshit stabbing her stomach?

Glad the governor's daughter made an appearance- will be interested to see what unfolds between his camp and our gang when they inevitably collide. They seem to be sticking fairly close to the comics in the setup at least.

One last probably dumb question- Glen said he needed a total of three graves. Who was the third for? The prisoner that screwed them?  It seemed more like he was suggesting that 3 of their group got killed, but I only remember TDog and Lori.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I think that zombie ate Lori and that's why he was trying to rip open his stomach. The zombie (he'd been dead a while) was definitely a dude, and was probably a guard.

three graves: Lori, T-dog and Carol -- They just gave up on her!

Speaking of sticking close to the comics, when the phone rang I was like, "Yeah, I know who that is."  smile

Rick is about to go a little more insane now.

smoke

smoke wrote:

Oh yeah! Forgot about the phone. I'm glad they worked that in too. Only problem I can see with it is it's a weak point for the soap opera dialog to come back in through.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think that zombie ate Lori and that's why he was trying to rip open his stomach. The zombie (he'd been dead a while) was definitely a dude, and was probably a guard.

Yeah, they explained on the aftershow thing (Talking Dead?) that that was a zombie that ate Lori.  He was supposed to be sitting and had the distended belly because he'd eaten her completely by himself so he was too full.

I didn't get it at all, but that's what they said.

Board footer