You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chris Cornell: "Guns N 'Roses were all normal types minus one"

faldor wrote:

Well said Axlin.  That pretty much sums it up, from my point of view.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

it was Axl feeling Slash's degenerative nature and unpredictability was a threat to the band's integrity and ultimately his financial security going into the future.

My favourite part of the post.

The WHOLE WORLD felt and feels it about ... Axl. 14

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with you. I think Axl felt that Slash was a threat - but not to the band, rather to his status. Anyway, this only proves more what a nutcase Axl is, knowing what he's done in the past 17 years.

Axl had a tale that if a bunch of young guys have a car together, than all of them wants to have the wheel, but none wants to take care of the needed repair, so it will be driven off the cliff. So one has to own it and there is only one who can have the wheel. Congratulations Axl, you got it. Your buddies all escaped, seeing your driving (leading) skills. And you really drove it off the cliff.

Kitchen philosophy and reality is a bitch, isn't it?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin, I agree, Slash's power came from everyone liking him, which in public eyes gave Slash more power because of his influence and he was so beloved. So he was a threat because he was so adored. It may have been a false power, but in political terms, Slash had a ton of support which is evidenced by how loyal his fans are to him. Look how divided the GNR fan base is. There are Slash GNR fans then AXL GNR fans, very few like them both exactly the same, which again, gives Slash a level of power. There is no outcry to Adler, Duff, or even Izzy (minus a few die hards that love the underrated guy), it's all about Axl and Slash. Always has been. In the world of rock, this has happened only a few times... Jimmy and Robert, Mick and Keef, Axl and Slash. Slash has a a lot more power than Joe Perry ever had in Aerosmith. Sure, he is famous, but Tyler is king there.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl had a tale that if a bunch of young guys have a car together, than all of them wants to have the wheel, but none wants to take care of the needed repair, so it will be driven off the cliff. So one has to own it and there is only one who can have the wheel. Congratulations Axl, you got it. Your buddies all escaped, seeing your driving (leading) skills. And you really drove it off the cliff.

i185675.jpg

1142012_o.gif

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin, I agree, Slash's power came from everyone liking him, which in public eyes gave Slash more power because of his influence and he was so beloved. So he was a threat because he was so adored. It may have been a false power, but in political terms, Slash had a ton of support which is evidenced by how loyal his fans are to him. Look how divided the GNR fan base is. There are Slash GNR fans then AXL GNR fans, very few like them both exactly the same, which again, gives Slash a level of power.

Slash has loyal fans for sure, but so does Axl.  The problem Axl faces is the general public for the most part thinks he's an asshole and sides with Slash because of that perception.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That perception exists for a reason and there's only one person to blame for it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If we're talking about "Slash's Power"

Slash is a once-in-a-generation player - he's one of the all time greats - but you wouldn't know it the way things have worked out in his bands:

GNR: Despite Slash's riffs being instrumental in the bands success, and his solos STILL being regarded highly in any list of the top solos of all time - he is converted from a partner in the band to an employee, and then the band chooses to re-dub his solos with an unknown guitarist, and then peruse electronic and guitar-less music.

VR: He's given very little input into writing, including having to FIGHT to get the band to pay attention to the Slither riff - which ended up a number 1 single, meanwhile scott dismissed an ENTIRE CD of Izzy/Slash riffs as no-good, and generally Slash's solos and input in the band are extremely minimised all the time and scott became a dictator...

Bottom line is he wasn't properly respected in either band, and now what you're seeing is Slash on his own - and he's schooling both the VR guys and Axl on what he's got that they didn't seem to respect.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Bottom line is he wasn't properly respected in either band, and now what you're seeing is Slash on his own - and he's schooling both the VR guys and Axl on what he's got that they didn't seem to respect.

^ This 3 21

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think the others were on to something personally.

Board footer