You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Walking Dead

johndivney wrote:

y'know i love to complain well... the "previously on.." recap at the top of the show kinda spoiled the ep somewhat for me.
one of the benefits of boxsets not having to endure that sorta shit.

other than that fucking brilliant episode. it's eps like that that made me love the show in the first place. & yea totally agree w/the above posts re: michonne. she had some cool fucking kills this ep.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great character building episode. I must agree. When Carl wandered off, I was like, "oh fuck, here we go again, him and his adventures getting folks killed".

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It looks like we don't need to tell him to stay in the damn house/prison anymore like in Season 2. 16 I'll say it again this is the episode to put this show back on track and in the right direction.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I miss these kind of episodes from Season 1. Total throwback. Reminded me everything I loved about the show, and that Rick CAN BE interesting when he wants to be.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

The Governor really is a piece of trash. It's hard watching that when on the inside you're like, "JUST FUCKIN KILL HIM NOW!"

Me_Wise_Magic

It was a pretty good episode. Not as good as last week; but some great dialogue between Rick & The Governor. I'm not going to bring up you know who again until that person is off the show. Loved Daryl's one up competition with the cross bow and knife.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Who is it you don't like, Wise?

This episode was pure set up for next weeks show. That's all. For what it was it was good and got me really excited for next week. Perfect build up. Otherwise, meh. I like the dynamic with Michone and Merle.

I still can't stand Glenn. No matter how much of a bad ass they try to make him, he'll always be an annoying, glorified short round.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Merle actually seems to be coming around to me.  Glen needs to STFU.  Rick is getting his mind in the game just when needed.  He knows the Guvna will kill them anyway, so I think they fake a michonne hand off and sabotage those mferrs.. Then, Andrea becomes a hero by dying for the Prison group... Her loyalty in the end kills her, but goes down a hero so that Axlin will hate her even more.

Me_Wise_Magic

All I can say is Glenn is kind of a douche when you first read the comics; but in the show he's much better portrayed in my opinion. Alot more loyal and a good person to have in the zombie apocalypse and him & Maggie's relationship develops more naturally on the show. But yeah..I can agree that the writers shouldn't put in a leader position at all cause it's not working with the show's format.  Got to give the guy my props though. It's Andrea who like the rest of us cannot stand on this show. I know the writers are trying their best with this episode; but I'm like Wake the Fuck Up, lady!! The Governor can't be reasoned with. He's lying to your face and it's completely obvious. 17 Even the actress of Andrea herself know there is problems with her character and they won't fix them. The rest of the characters on the show are great and yes Michonne telling Merle to piss off in a sense was pretty cool. I thought the dialogue of Hershel and Milton was pretty funny too.

..And Smoking I agree that's probably going to happen. Hoping this week's episode improves and Tyreese returns too which is cool. Now he just needs to help out his right hand man when he discovers the Gov's bullshit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There's no way Andrea's dying. They won't swerve that much from the comic and she has a pretty significant role which she hasn't even tapped into yet ... Which is going to make Axlin's head friggin explode. 16

Some of the things they've changed for the TV show I don't get though. The fact they cut out the Governor raping Michone really takes away from her character and the story, imo.

I have a pretty good idea who's going to die next though.

Board footer